Feel like husband not interested in me

Leighanne

Reaction score
Hi all. I just needed somebody to talk to as I'm feeling very low lately. I'm nearly 12 weeks pregnant and had the usual tiredness and sickness with it. We also have a 3 year old, who I'm trying my best to look after despite no energy and nausea all the time. The heat these last 3 days has been torturous and unbearable for me and I haven't been able to keep up with things around the house and the cooking like I normally would. Some nights I've had to do ready meals for dinner as I'm so tired and overheated and I just feel ashamed of myself and helpless I can't do things easily like I usually can. Even had to give my daughter her Amazon fire tablet sometimes to play on so I can lay down. It's been hard taking her out and about as usual too from the tiredness. I feel like a shoddy mother right now. I feel like I'm doing such a shite job and how could I look after another one. It doesn't help my husband hasnt been talking much to me when he gets back from work. He gets in and says he's going for a shower then ears his dinner and goes to bed. I know he's tired, my point is just the lack of engagement between us lately. I don't know what I've done wrong, maybe he feels I'm not doing a good enough job. I've explained to him I'm just so tired and nauseous at the moment and I'm really not doing a shite job on purpose. He said he's fed up of me always saying I'm tired or going to be sick and that sometimes he comes back and house is a mess. I've been doing what I can and there are evenings where I haven't had energy to clean and tidy after doing dinner, bathtime and bedtime with toddler. I just feel rubbish at being a wife and mother. My hair had gone dry and I've not had energy to make it look nice or put makeup on as I get every bit of sleep I can. I feel so ugly compared to other mums on the nursery run. So I'm having negative feelings about my image too which doesn't help. I called up my husband this morning before he started work and I said I hope he was alright as I've been worried about him working in the extreme heat. He said it wasn't the time to talk and he's not mentioned I said it for rest of the day. I also tried earlier to him saying how I feel so useless and I'm sorry for being useless at the moment and how a major tantrum my toddler had in the supermarket had embarassed me so much because of everybody staring and laughing. He just said I'm not rubbish and that he had to go as he had to tend to a tractor breakdown on his way home. I'm just so sad and feel I have nobody to talk to :-( in need of a hug too.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Do you have any friends or family members who can support you now? Being positive is very important to your daughter, she also wants to have a happy mum. This book Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience (Harper Perennial Modern Classics) helped me understand when I need to "re-charge my batteries", why I feel tired, and what works out for me, e.g. listening to music or extra rest. Now I can predict my reactions and use proven methods to get extra energy. A friend of mine used iyoni app when she was pregnant and was happy she could understand what was going on with her body and mind. All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back