Feel like a really crap mum at the moment

Ella1979

Reaction score
My nausea and extreme tiredness are making me very cranky. All I really want to do is slouch in a chair and wait for tri 1 to disappear like I did last time. This time I'm a mummy already, so I can't do that.

I've never been the most patient person in the world, but I like to think I've been good with my LO. Now though just when I'm feeling like utter rubbish, she's teething (molars), starting to really fuss when she has her nappy change (moving off the mat and rolling around the place before I get the new nappy on her) and only wants to feed herself (fair enough, but it creates a real mess, especially this lunchtime when I gave her spag bol and she just kept throwing it everywhere). This is usually stuff I just shrug off, but I got angry at her today and shouted :sad:

She's now having a nap, but I feel like a really dreadful mummy. I never wanted to shout at my daughter, especially when it's my emotions/hormones causing most of the problem.

Anyone else been through another pregnancy when their LO is only a year or so old? I knew it would be tough but I don't want it to affect my daughter.

Yep! We found out we were expecting Harry on Jack's 1st Birthday!

I was very lucky and had no morning sickness and am even luckier that Jack is a complete angel so the pregnancy apart from aching hips was ok.

It was once Harry arrived that things got very very tough. Harry had very bad colic from 3-7 weeks and literally screamed every second that he was awake. That was very tough on my patience and I admit I did snap if Jack climbed where he shouldn't or didn't eat his dinner etc. I felt extremely guilty for doing it but when your hormones are taking over and you're tired you really can't help it.

I got past the guilt by realising that 1. They won't remember being shouted at in 2 minutes time and 2. The hard bit doesn't last long at all. Harry is still hard works some days and I still get stressed and snap on occasion but as long as I give Jack plenty or love, cuddles and attention when Harry's happy then we'll all be just fine. They're not going to remember any of this when they're 4 & 5 years old and best mates :) x

Thanks for that! It just feels awful at the time. She's still sleeping soundly away upstairs. Probably wonders who's replaced mummy with a grumpy old woman!!!

Nah, she won't remember and she'll love you know matter what! :) x

I feel your pain. I was going through the first trimester before my LO was even 1 and it was so hard. The tiredness was a killer. I just kept going out, although I was in a daze at least she was occupied and happy. That way I knew she was busy in the mornings and we had an afternoon nap to go back too. Very important to nap when she does and forget the housework for now. Felt much better once got into the second trimester but now in the third and its starting to get hard again!! Just keep trying to remind myself to enjoy our time together with just us until baby arrives.

I'm also feeling the pain!

William is 7 months old and I'm about 11weeks pregnant again. It's really hard going this time with the tiredness, there's just no chance to nap in the dayand I'm back at work so that's some late evenings to add to the mix.

Just think it'll be worth it in the end! X

Thanks for the replies! I'm feeling a bit better now! It'll definitely be worth it in the end :)

Goodness knows how we will all look by then.....;-)

I really feel your pain, I also found out I was pregnant on my eldest 1st b-day (there's some freaky similarities between me and clairebear haha) I spent the first 20 weeks with my head down the toilet! Was on all sorts of medication for sickness but didnt really work and my poor son just took the brunt all the time, had to entertain himself etc, but honestly hun, they really really won't remember so don't beat yourself up. Also if your ill throughout 2nd pregnancy it's gets your eldest used to occupying themselves in preparation for new baby coming when your gonna be a bit busier xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back