Feel like a failure :(

kanga86

Reaction score
So for the ones who don't know, I've been off work since 5th Nov (6weeks pregnant) due to really bad morning sickness. My company don't have any sick pay scheme, if ur off u don't get paid, so been put on ssp. I didn't realise just how shit it was!!

I earn around £750 a month, which isn't loads but enough for us to get by with all the food, bills and rent etc. Today is pay day and I got £244!!! :shock: It doesn't even cover my bills that go out my account monthly, regardless of the fact I pay for the food for us!!! My OH doesn't have enough left over a month to buy food for us aswell!!

Just don't know what we are going to do. :( I can't believe I have put us in this situation, and its only going to get worse because I know my pay will be hit big time next month too, as got my full pay at the end of November.

When are we even going to get enough money to support a baby when we can't even buy ourselves food? And I have a wedding to pay for, its all too much :( xxx

Aaaw hun cheer up :)) ... i know it must seem like crap i feel as if my wages are gonna be the only thing i can rely on.

Are you planning on getting back to work if so ul have plently of time to get wages back on track all you'll have to do is get through these next 2 months .. i know it seems like absolute crap now but tackle one little thing at a time done think of them all as one big task break them down into small tasks and soon enough ul see ur battling them and ul get through them :) xx

I'm hopefully back to work next week, just seems so cruel! I just feel im being punished because I've been so ill yet I'm being punished again with my wages! Xx

Oh honey, try not to worry, if you are back at work next week you should find things will pick up.

Like Kaytee says just take it one thing at a time and break it down, it will seem more manageable.

Sorry it's so tough for you xxxxxxxxx

Aw hun, don't feel bad at all. I'm sure you would've rather been feeling well and not so sick There is nothing you can do. At least from now on out you should be feeling better and better hopefully.

Don't let it get you down and just remember you being off work and resting was teh best thing for your body and so for your baby, that's the most important thing.

Don't let it ruin your christmas hun xxx

Oh Hun I know how you feel! I have spent so much over the past my debts don't leave us with anything. I hope you feel better Hun try not to let it get to you and make sure you phone all the companies you can't pay they shouldn't charge you xx

:hug:

Kanga apply for a crisis loan. This is from the government and designed to get people through tough times xxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear you're going through this hun. Money is the root of all evil in my opinion!

If you're planning on going back to work then you'll have time to get your wages back on track and once baby is born there's lots of extras you can apply for - child benefit, working tax credit, income support etc. Have you spoken to your local jobcentre or citizens advice bureau to see if there's anything they can offer you now?

Hope you get sorted hun. We're in a pickle with money too and i know how stressful it is :( xxx

Hope you get it sorted hunni, nothing worse than stressing over money.

Big hugs, try to enjoy Xmas xxxx

I know it sounds silly but can you have an bay clearout? We did thus and raised quite a bit of money also sold all our DVDs and CDs via music magpie as they were just cluttering the place up!
Good luck Hun and sorry it seems so poop x x

Hi kanga sorry to hear you have been suffering with morning sickness and worrying about money, I too would say both eBay clearout and crisis loan hun, xxx

Thank you for the advice ladies :hugs:

Never heard of a crisis loan before! How would I go about enquiring about one?

Got send one of the best Xmas presents yesterday, a tax rebate cheque arrived on my doorstep :D looks as tho we will be able to get through January now :) xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back