Feel bad about letting my hair down tonight!

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
This is not really pregnancy related but my husband as a treat is taking me for dinner at the Oxo Tower tonight. I am really excited as it is like a date night and I have been looking forward to it for ages. However I feel bad for wanting a drink or 2! Is this normal?? I think that i should be entitled to enjoy a drink over Xmas but I worry that this is bad for TTC!!! Then I worry that I am thinking too much about it too much and trying to hard!

Pointless thread.... so apolgies..

Gizzy xxxx

Hey hun enjoy yourself and have a couple of drinks. People still have a couple of drinks (or more) before they even realise they are pregnant so dont stress about it.

Hope you have a fab night chick xxxx

Dont feel bad about wanting a drink hun there is no harm in having a few glasses, letting your hair down and forgetting for one night about ttc xx

I for 1 plan on getting sloshed over Xmas - AF here at mo and jus another kick in the teeth before Xmas so I'm not gona worry and drink when seeing family etc xx
Xmas day I'm going to be making my apple and luchee martinis (my current pic) and drink them aplenty!!

I am with you DW ... I plan on having quite a few beverages this christmas, having my op on the 29th so will be dosed up on painkillers over new year so have to get all my xmas drinking in before then lol

Yup Vicky!! Only way forward :party:
:merry:
I'm a nurse as most of u know so this will be my 1st Xmas day and boxing day off in 4yrs!! Working late new yrs eve and 14.5hr new yrs day so Xmas day and boxing day are my drinking/party days xx

I feel the same as you Gizzy, it does ALWAYS cross my mind that my drinking makes me to blame for any possible future infertility woes.

I always wonder if some people are just more sentivite to it than others...

I mean, some people smoke 80 per day for 60 years and never get cancer and then some poor sod smoke 10 per day and dies at 30.

All that said, i think that you need to have a drink when appropriate and i definitely think that a date night or an xmas bash is an appropriate time to have a drink or two.

I wouldn't go crazy and go beyond very tipsy though :)

Enjoy yourself ;)

Last edited:
On a side note - The Oxo Tower is fab - we had our Xmas do there last year!

Do what feels right hun.

I try not to drink in my 2WW but with Christmas coming up I'll do what I feel is right at the time. If I want a few spritzers then I'll have them..

Enjoy date night :)

xxxxxx

Let your hair down sweetheart. Go have fun and dont feel guilty :)

We want to hear all about your night anyway ;) x

Thanks girls I had a really nice evening, it was so lovely to spend some time with hubby and actually not think about babies for one night. :D Got tipsy abs no hang over so feel great!

Carnat your cocktail looks yummy I always wondered why you had that as your profile pics. The Singapore slings in the oxo Tower would thoroughly recommend!

Vicky enjoy your few days off!!!!

Enjoy the rest if your weekend girls! I am getting very excited about Xmas now. Xxxx

Gizzy xxxx

Eat.....drink + be merry hun!

Im just gonna act like im not TTC this Christmas. It isnt gonna happen for me untill ive been poked and prodded some more.!

How many people concieve whilst drunk? I know im a result of that :) ha ha xxxx

Eat.....drink + be merry hun!

Im just gonna act like im not TTC this Christmas. It isnt gonna happen for me untill ive been poked and prodded some more.!

How many people concieve whilst drunk? I know im a result of that :) ha ha xxxx

It's my turn tonight :)

All they serve at my friends parties is champagne so i'm just hoping the food is served earlier rather than later ;)

Really looking forward to it though!

Glad you had fun Lou! I am getting very excited about Xmas now xxx

It was really nice thanks kirsty they do some fab cocktails xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27