Feeding

Aisha83

Reaction score
My 7 month old has been on solids now for almost 2 months, he is a very hungry baby. At the moment he is eating Ella's kitchen and piccolo which he enjoys, toast, mash potatoes and rusk mixed with his milk (not in his bottle) but I don't know what other foods to give him. I was told to just give him the same foods I eat but the problem with that is my partner is arabic and so any food we eat has to have so many spices, (turmeric, ground cumin, coriander, chilli) and I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be good for Aadams stomach. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Can you make the same food but less spice.

I suppose I could, I just wasn't sure if it was good to give him any kind of spices. Thank you

I have friends who ween their babies using shredded chicken and green chilly samosas.

It seems crazy to me because as an English person my spice exposure is minimal but in different cultures they give young babies and even animals spices and curry.

I would just start with less spice/ milder foods so that your son can get used to it.

I have friends who ween their babies using shredded chicken and green chilly samosas.

It seems crazy to me because as an English person my spice exposure is minimal but in different cultures they give young babies and even animals spices and curry.

I would just start with less spice/ milder foods so that your son can get used to it.
Thank you, I will try it tonight with less spices. Pretty sure my partner grew up on spicy food as well. Should have thought about it really lol

You could make purees with mashed potatoes, a veggie and any kind of meat. My daughter used to love mashed potatoes with broccoli and minced meat, like Shepard's pie.
Spaghetti bolognaise was always a big hit here too, but I would avoid adding salt for her and then add it to our dishes.
Are ypu using the baby led weaning method?x

You could make purees with mashed potatoes, a veggie and any kind of meat. My daughter used to love mashed potatoes with broccoli and minced meat, like Shepard's pie.
Spaghetti bolognaise was always a big hit here too, but I would avoid adding salt for her and then add it to our dishes.
Are ypu using the baby led weaning method?x
He loves mashed potatoes, but not so keen on bolognaise. I'm doing both spoon and baby led weaning.

He loves mashed potatoes, but not so keen on bolognaise. I'm doing both spoon and baby led weaning.
I did that too with my daughter and she could eat alone at around her first birthday. But some days will still require help obviously!
Noodles or rice with shredded or diced chicken and veggies were also quite a hit! Sometimes I gave her a sandwich with ham or whipped cream cheese in the morning, but mostly baby porridge.
Sadly she's become very picky and drives me crazy sometimes, she used to eat everything!x

I did that too with my daughter and she could eat alone at around her first birthday. But some days will still require help obviously!
Noodles or rice with shredded or diced chicken and veggies were also quite a hit! Sometimes I gave her a sandwich with ham or whipped cream cheese in the morning, but mostly baby porridge.
Sadly she's become very picky and drives me crazy sometimes, she used to eat everything!x
He will eat things like toast and sandwiches with butter or peanut butter, and boiled potatoes by himself. So basically the things he can grab, but the puree stuff and porridges which he also LOVES (he shouts if I don't feed it fast enough) I'll feed him and only because he would get more on himself and around him than in him

And i'll have to try the rice and noodles suggestion because rice is a staple food in my house

Mild spices are fine. Its the salt you need to watch. And obviously no chilli.

Mild spices are fine. Its the salt you need to watch. And obviously no chilli.
I don't put chilli in because I don't really like hot food. So I make my partner chilli sauce on the side. But as long as the other spices are OK to use then that's good.

My son is 21 Month old now and loves chicken curry, saag and daal even somosas and other spicey foods.:) i i think too much garlic can upset the tummy a little though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back