feeding routines???

Hope have you had a look at the baby rice cakes?! The organix ones. We have them. He loves them. It's not really that he eats them. It's just finger food. And he turns them to mush. W also has the organix carrot stick puff things. There a massive hit with him. Like a giant wotsit :) xxx

Lolly I don't think we have that brand here! Do yours have salt? All those that i saw today they were named organic rice cakes with salt lol so I didn't get any but on a sec thought maybe with her being hugely unlike to actually even eat any maybe I should try them??
I found some organic expanded corn puffs or sth like that win no salt or anything so I will give we one later. It's the shape and size of a big cheese Cheetos so it should be easy for her to hold.

Sunbeam no worries we are not here to debate :love: as I said motherhood is hard enough without additional guilts, it's up to you what you give to your gorgeous baby.
I think I heard people saying here that you have rusks with no sugar or sth like that that you can try if you are worried of a sweet tooth.

Their milk is deadly sweet anyway so I doubt not that they prefer sweet things lol.

I never checked the rice cakes for salt. But those corn puff Cheetos like thing sounds like what W has. They just turn to mush, but a great shape to hold!!!
I really do worry about the salt thing. But I always just check for No added salt. We use things that have a little salt. I have to be a little laid back about it because if I tried to find everything with no salt it would take over my life haha!!
Yesterday W had toast and philidelphia cheese for lunch, but I just made sure nothing else he had, had much salt.
I was getting myself worked up about the salt thing xxx

It only bothered me that they were named rice cakes with salt. Most definitely I am not going to hunt down everything 0.1 salt that she eats. She is going to have Philadelphia too and things but somehow I couldn't bring myself to but her sth that is named salty rice cakes lol.
I doubt my parents read the labels before feed me sth lol but then I am not that sure how many snack like things bought from the supermarket back then they were feedings us?? It may all have been home made :) (yes I am that old lol)

Haha! No salty rice cakes don't sound good at all! Haha!!!!
Yes your right, it's just such a scary thought. I guess it's all about balance.
I always look for no added salt. I will need to check the rice cakes I bought for him. I will post a pic xx

Hope the rusks I got for Aaron say gluten free on the side ... They are Farleys low sugar low salt

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Thank you tweety :) I found some gluten free ones today but after lots of consideration in front of them (for my oh desperation lool) I decided to keep going with fruits and vegetables as they are still tons that she didn't try and as finger food I give her fruits, vegetables, those whatever are cold expanded corn puffs and found some rice cakes today too that I may say she didn't seem to particularly like them? Maybe if I dank then in fruit purée a little to have some taste lol.

Tell me how is Aaron doing? Is he enjoying his food?with what did you try him until now?

Aaron is doing really well - he bloody loves food!

He's had pear, carrot, baby porridge and rusks so far (he had a full rusk in 2oz milk today and was looking for more :shock:

He's at his gran's this evening and she's giving him sweet potato.

I've also made up some apple puree and parsnip puree today and some bananas are ripening as we speak

I'm looking forward to hitting the 6 mth mark and just giving him what we are eating tbh!

OMG most of you are giving bottles or food every 2 hours? how the hell do you get anything done or go anywhere?

i am dreading this. I have only been giving tiny spoons of fruit puree after her lunch and up until today she hasnt been interested. (Apart from the first day a few weeks back where she LOVED banana and actually swallowed). Everything I gave her came straight back out

today her mouth was open begging for more, and she was "chewing" and swallowing. My baby is ready I think!

Good thing that Amelie would not take anything if you feed her so often lol so no problem going out... She needs like 4 h between any meals I found out... There are no enough hours in a day for me to fit everything :(

Yeey for her being ready Lynds!!!

Good thing that Amelie would not take anything if you feed her so often lol so no problem going out... She needs like 4 h between any meals I found out... There are no enough hours in a day for me to fit everything :(

I really hope Freya will be a piggy enough to have her solids straight after her bottles! I couldnt cope with this every 2 hours lark, i wouldnt be able to go anywhere or go for my long walks or anything

will carry on just giving her some after her lunch for a week or so, then start using some of her milk to make her porridge in the morning and give her that after a bottle

I really hope Freya will be a piggy enough to have her solids straight after her bottles! I couldnt cope with this every 2 hours lark, i wouldnt be able to go anywhere or go for my long walks or anything

will carry on just giving her some after her lunch for a week or so, then start using some of her milk to make her porridge in the morning and give her that after a bottle

It is a bit of a pain, I've not hardly been anywhere since we started weaning because of this reason. I don't know what to do. Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a bit of a pain, I've not hardly been anywhere since we started weaning because of this reason. I don't know what to do. Xx

she has 4 x 8oz bottles a day now. I was thinking of making up her bottles and only giving her 7oz, and using 1oz of her milk to make up baby rice or porridge and giving it to her straight after her bottle?

or I am being totally unrealistic? Mind you, for all the time it would take to giver her a little pureed food. 10mins? guess its not that much hassle so long as I was somewhere I could do it easy

she has 4 x 8oz bottles a day now. I was thinking of making up her bottles and only giving her 7oz, and using 1oz of her milk to make up baby rice or porridge and giving it to her straight after her bottle?

or I am being totally unrealistic? Mind you, for all the time it would take to giver her a little pureed food. 10mins? guess its not that much hassle so long as I was somewhere I could do it easy

She may take it she might not, Kaiden won't. He has a bottle then eats about 2-2.5 hours afterwards xx

I'm the same with Aaron - have to feed him in between milk - its a nightmare :lol:

Lynds where you thinking about feeding her solids out and about??

I don't know how I will ever attempt that!!!amelie gets so sticky and you cna find purée all over her that takes quite a long time to actually get it off her hands and face and sometimes hair etc lol.
I hope eventually the whole business will start being less messy?????

Nope it's no less messy here, if anything it's messier! I have to go in a clean up mission after every meal out as it generally just ends up on the floor. Yesterday Harry had a crumpet and he got it all in his hair, I just given him a quick wipe over and a change of clothes usually and then dunk him in the bath at home later. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back