feeding routines???

Hope81

Reaction score
can you please post the feeding routines that your babies have? (include age too as for some reason no tickers on this section of forum)

for example

amelie 21 weeks old

7-8 milk (usually 3 oz )
(small breakfast -we introducing that one this week and it will be fruit)

11- milk (she usually barely takes 2 oz )

12- lunch, vegetables

3-4 milk

6- milk and dinner (usually baby rice with fruits and it will be a protein meal after 6 m though)

10- milk top up (probably cutting that one when she is eating 3 proper solid meals)

i could probably do lets milk feeds as she only milk snacks...but that dosent work with my baby :( feed her every 6 hours and she will still get maybe 4 oz instead of 3 :wall:

so how are you timing your milk and solids?

Kaiden 19 weeks 5 days

7am - 8oz milk
10am- half pot baby rice with fruit or porridge
10.45- 6-8oz milk
1.30- half jar hipp lunch
3.30-4pm- 8oz milk
4.30- fruit purée
7pm- 8oz bottle then bed

xx

Elise - birthday buddy with Amelia so 21 weeks

8-9am - weetabix/baby porridge or rusk mixed with milk + 8 oz milk

1130-1330 (depending on what time she gets up) 2 ice cube of vegetables + 7 oz milk

4-5pm - 7 oz milk

5 oz milk before bed which can be anything from half 8 to 10pm

xx

God you are both so lucky with your babies drinking those fabulous amounts of milk!!

Ooh this thread is great!
Harry (30 weeks)
7am- 8oz bottle
9am- weetabix, ready brek or cornflakes with whole milk
12pm- half a jar then fruit and biscuit/sandwich
2pm- 4oz milk
4pm- half a jar and something like custard or yogurt, steamed veg sticks
7pm- 8oz bottle

Cam is 25 weeks and roughly follows

8-8.30: 7 oz bottle
10.00: pureed fruit or porridge
Nap
11.30: 7 oz bottle
1.00: pureed veg
Nap
2.30: 7 oz bottle
5.00: 7 oz bottle
6.00: pureed veg at the dinner table when we have tea
7.30:7 oz bottle
8.00: bedtime

He generally has another nap at some point in the afternoon too. Some days he only has 4 x 7 oz bottles depending on naps, being out etc (and mummy not flapping that he must eat every 3 hours without fail :shock:) He may also leave an oz or two of an odd bottle

XX

Mia 25 weeks:-

8am 7oz bottle
9am fruit purée
12pm 7oz bottle
4pm 7oz bottle
5pm veg purée and carrot sticks/ banana
6.40pm 7oz bottle
7pm bed
10pm 5oz top up

Just thinking about starting lunch this week too and will prob add that in at 1pm. She doesn't always finish her bottle, sometimes only has 5oz. I introduced meat today. She had carrot, broccoli, potato and chicken which is what we had for tea last night and I blitzed some and froze it did her. She loved it!

William - 6months
2am-5am 7oz bottle formula
8.30am. breakfast, usual cereal. Porridge, Musli, Wheetabix. With 2oz formula or whole milk
11am. 7oz bottle of formula
12pm Lunch fruit purée, youghurt and some finger food. Crumpet fingers, or phillidelphia sandwich.
4.30pm dinner, varies - last night was chicken potatoes and carrots, corn, peas and brocolli blended with white sauce.
7.30pm - 8oz bottle of formula

Harry 32 weeks

3-5am boobie (not always)
7-9am boobie
9-10am breakfast (readybrek or weetabix)
Nap
11-12noon boobie
1-2pm lunch blw whatever I'm having and a yoghurt
2-3pm boobie
Nap
5-6pm dinner veg purée and fruit pot and boobie
Cat nap
8-9pm boobie and bed

We have a very very loose routine, but these timed tend to fit lol

For example today:
(Last feed and bed 11pm)
7am boobie
Nap
11am ready brek
1pm boobie
Nap (~30 mins)
4-5:30pm out at pub so blw what I had (chips, cauliflower cheese, bread, salad, biscotti, rice cakes)
6pm boobie
Nap (~2hrs)
9pm tried bottle of ebm, didn't take it but fell back to sleep
10pm big boobie dream feed and put to bed
4:30am boobie

B is 7 months -

6am 5oz milk
7.30 breakfast weetabix, crumpet, yoghurt and piece of fruit.
10.30 ish milk approx 6oz
12 lunch today we have sweet potato and baked bean pie with sweet potato chips and raspberry rice pudding.
3pm snack
4.30 dinner which will be jacket potato and gammon and angel delight for pud.
6.30 7oz bottle
Bed!

Tyler is 23weeks

7/8am bottle 8oz
10am breakfast baby porridge
12pm 8oz bottle but usually only takes 6oz
2.30pm fruit puree usually whole tub
4.00pm 8oz bottle
6.00pm veg puree,half the pouch
8.00pm 8oz bottle for bed

Rory is 39 weeks:

2-4.00 boob
7-8.00 boob
9.00 breakfast - weetabix or porridge
12.00 lunch - meal + fruit or yogurt
15.00 boob or snack - trying to cut this feed before I go back to work in a few weeks
17.00 dinner - meal + fruit or yogurt
19.00 boob

LO is 18.5 weeks & I'm worried he's having too much but takes it all!

07:30 x7oz bottle
09:30 baby porridge
11:30 x 7oz bottle
14.30 x 7oz bottle
17.00 baby rusk mixed with boiled water
19.45 x 7oz
23.00 x7oz

I think I might reduce the feeds after first bottle to 6oz he seems to be having too much ?!
Have made batches of purée vegetables ready to introduce more tastes at 20 weeks xxx

Last edited:
Sunbeam where did you find rusks with no gluten? Though probably pointless as we will not have them here I suppose.
I was more interesting in a finger food though not mixing it with anything.
Me thinks I will buy some rice cakes for that purpose.
I am amazed and jealous of how much all of your babies eat!!!!!

Harry loves rice cakes, biscotti biscuits and organix carrot stix which Amelie probably can't have just yet. Although here u can get different flavoured rice rices (apple and banana ones we have) so hopefully u can get Amelie interested in those xx

LO is 18.5 weeks & I'm worried he's having too much but takes it all!

07:30 x7oz bottle
09:30 baby porridge
11:30 x 7oz bottle
14.30 x 7oz bottle
17.00 baby rusk mixed with boiled water
19.45 x 7oz
23.00 x7oz

I think I might reduce the feeds after first bottle to 6oz he seems to be having too much ?!
Have made batches of purée vegetables ready to introduce more tastes at 20 weeks xxx

Hi my LO was taking the same quantities of milk as yours at that age plus purées, don't worry it isn't too much! X

Ah they are not gluten free I mix it half a rusk with a little porridge and water seems to enjoy it & no sign of allergies but I do keep a record of what he is eating. :) xx organix do could ranges of baby biscotti & rice cakes do they sell them over with you?x

Thank you les I was starting to worry to be honest, it's hard to know what to do but now but he seems to enjoy it all, phew!xx

I looked at the supermarket today for rice cakes! I didn't find a single brand with no salt!!! :(
No rice cakes for her I suppose. There are empty calories anyway but I just wanted her to practice finger foods like that.

Sunbeam the effects of gluten allergy are not immediate, it can be years and years later. I personally think you should wait a little with the rusk if it has gluten and give more vegetables and fruits and baby rice or baby porridge without gluten.
Though obviously lots of us we have been weaned with gluten at 3 m and we turned up fine so I suppose there are all chances to be ok just personally I think it's not a risk that I am willing to take as coeliac disease is really awful.
(Only personal opinion obviously I would never tell an other mum how to parent :roll:)

Yes i know about the risks it's ok Hope, I do my research and for us both oh & i arent worried and I don't want to debate this with anyone either if thats ok xx All his vegetables are home puréed & his baby rice is organic so with regards to the gluten allergy its not something that worries me as we have no family history of it and its avoid but a guide. If anything rusks aren't a daily dish because they are very sweet and I don't want him to expect it all the time. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back