feeding routine

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
I feel like all I'm doing all day is feeding my baby! breastfeed, then breakfast, then breastfeed, then lunch, then another breastefeed then dinner! The milk timings always seem to fall inbetween meal times!

I can't give milk at the same time as solids, because he still wants milk every 3-4 hours and wakes for his first milk at 6.

what were other people's feeding routines once their little ones had been weaned?

I know a friend who only gives her baby her formula with a main meal....but that just wouldn't work for us

thanks in advance for any advice

xx

I purposefully didn't give milk at the same time as food as milk hinders the absorption of iron and other nutrients. I'd just carry on with what you are doing xxx

I'm the same as you hun but I like it this way. Jack will go 3hrs after each meal before he has milk but will only go a maximum of 2hrs after his milk before he's hungery again. If that makes sense?! I'd keep doibng what you're doing. He'll drop his feeds when he wants to x

Thanks so much! Makes me feel a lot better.

Someone told me (maybe rubbish) that doing it the way I'm doing it encourages them to snack as children and they always want biscuits. Also I told the health visitor what I was doig and she said he shouldn't be having so much milk now and should be getting a lot of nutrients an calcium from food - this is totally opposite to "food before 1 is just for fun..." xx

I plan on giving Jack mid morning and mid afternoon snacks when he drops his milk! They'll be mostly healthy fruit/veg snacks etc but don't see anything wrong with the occasional biscuit or a few crisps! If I didn't give Jack his mid morning and mid afternoon bottle he'd be screaming for food and probably wouldn't eat properly! I'm happy with our routine and I don't plan on changing it until Jack decides! :) x

Sebastian has his breakfast, then a snack (fruit or veg), then lunch, then a snack (again fruit or veg) and then dinner. Young children can not get all the nutrients they need from just three meals a day regardless of whether they are TW or BLW. My Hv was very supportive of BLW and was right behind me.

hi - i'm really struggling with this at the moment - getting the balance between milk and food right. have heard so much conflicting info about it as well. trouble is my lo doesn't ever seem to be that hungry and i don't want to force food on her?
i think you have to just trust your baby on this one.
sorry no advice! but will be following this thread for tips...

I think that's the problem - everyone I've encountered besides here on the forum are not really supportive of it!

My hv looked at me a bit funny....

I'm having a few issues at the moment anyway, I may post on another thread, as I'm really
Confused...

At the moment Owen is:
Milk 6.30
Breakfast 9.00
Lunch and milk 1200
Snack and water 2.00
Dinner, pudding and water 4.30
Bath bottle and bed 6-6.30 ish
Sleeps through till 6-6.30am

I'm a first time mum so learning myself but this suits him and us well and we alway give water inbetween the whole day xx

Thanks constant.... My problem is there is no way A would go that long between milk feeds! But maybe I need to get a proper schedule going. Some says hell have lunch at 1130, sometimes 12, sometimes 1. Xx

I can't see how old ur little one is but w also give water to Owen and he really is thirsty sometimes x

He's 6 months. I try to give water in a sippy cup, but he's not
Really interested. I've heard bf babies don't need water though??

I feel a bit guilty that I have no routine, like my baby is suffering - one day he'll nap after lunch, one day before. Depends on what time he got up, what we've been doing etc. x

Jack doesn't have a time that he 'always' wakes up. Yesterday at was 7am and today it was 8.35. I just work his routine into the day. I tend to give him brekkie, then wait 3hrs and give him milk, then wait 2hrs (milk doesn't sustain him as long as food) and give him lunch, then wait 3hrs and give him dinner, then wait 2hrs and give him milk, then we do bath bottle and bed about 2hrs after that
So say he woke at 7am his routine would go ...

Brekkie at 7am
Sleep 9.00am
Milk at 10am
Lunch at 12.00pm
Sleep at 12.30
Milk at 3.00pm
Dinner at 5pm
Sleep at 5.30pm
Milk at 7.00pm
Bath at 8.30pm
Milk & bed at 9.00pm

If he wakes before or after 7am I adjust the times etc x

Thanks Claire - I don't know how you wait till 9 to
Put jack down!!! Arthur has his bath between 545-6 and he's down by 7-715 after his bath, massage and breastfeed!! I'm
Too tired to make it any later!! Haha.

Ok, my aim this weekes is to get skmething like that going. I'll post back in a couple days and let you know how I got
On!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back