Feeding query

Summerwine

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is probably vague and perhaps completely unrelated to breastfeeding but I wanted to ask in case anyone had experienced similar.

My little one is 12 days old. He was being combi fed for various reasons but the last 4 days have been breastfeeding only and I felt like we were getting somewhere. I’ve been expressing through the day to allow hubby to do one night feed. This was working well until I woke up Monday with very bruised feeling boobs - it hurt a lot to even lean forward. This has been accompanied by some red blotches that come and go, shivers and hot sweats on and off and a general run down flu like feeling. Is this normal at this point? Could it be that I’m not eating enough? We’ve continued feeding and I’m doing all the night feeds currently in case it’s a blocked duct but massage isn’t helping and if the little mite elbows me in the boob one more time I may cry mid feed! Midwife is due on Thursday - should I raise this with her?

Thank you in advance for any responses!

It sounds like mastitis - get yourself to the drs as soon as you can to get some antibiotic

Missed the other bit of my post! (Tapatalk!). Don

Missed the other bit of my post! (Tapatalk!). Don’t leave it until the mw on Thursday. The pain, shivers and flushes are all signs of mastitis x

+1 to what Becky said. Don't leave it, it probably is mastitis.

Thank you both. Been to see the GP and been royally told off - it’s mastitis and I should have gone in sooner. Currently got a course of antibiotics and waiting to have my bloods back to find out if I’ll need a hospital stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back