Feeding issue

MrsP513

Reaction score
My DS has been bottle fed breast milk since birth. He was taking 150ml every 4 hours.

He will be 14 weeks tomorrow. The last few days he has been refusing to feed. Chewing the test, pushing the bottle out. Crying and screaming after taking an ounce then refusing to eat.

Any suggestions on what this is and what I can do to help him. I tried cal pol in case he was teething but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

Sounds like he is ready to move up to the next size nipple x

My DD would refuse her bottle when she would get ear infections. Have you checked her temperature?

Moved up to size 3 teat and made no difference.

There are no other signs of illness and no temperature

Oh it's tricky isn't it. My daughter refuses bottles for seemingly no reason every so often. After a couple of weeks she decides she wants them again. Just keep offering and as long as they're not showing any signs of dehydration (sunken in soft spot, no tears when they cry), try not to stress about it xx

Okay thanks winter wolf. Although strangely he will take around 90/120ml if I make him up a formula feed.
I thought maybe he preferred his food a bit warmer so gave him expressed milk slightly warmer than room temp and he still takes between 30/60 ml and refuses the rest.

Babies start to take a lot more notice of the world around them at this age and can get very distracted. Have you tried feeding with low lights etc to try and keep him focussed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back