Feeding how often?

Jojo84

Reaction score
My lo is a week old today and formula fed. She sleeps really well at night and cluster dress during the day. Today she has been taking 2oz eve 45 minutes, it seems a lot.

Sounds like shes just loading up for a good nights sleep! How perfect! My lo is 6 weeks and similar but wouldn't know amounts as boob feeding x

I can't bf unfortunately :( I expressed for 6 weeks with last baby but I ended up depressed and this time because she feeds so much in sticking to formula.

The last 4 nights she's slept midnight until 5:30/6am

Would she take more than 2oz in a sitting? If not, have you considered wind/silemt reflux?

I don't think it's that, although I have considered that the teat is just too much work for her and she's giving up. She yakea about 4-5oz when she wakes up (hungry from sleeping I suppose) so she can take it when she's hungry. I always wind her mid feed.

I think going up a test is a good idea, if it doesn't work you can always go back the way.

My little one went through a stage of feeding regularly like that, taking 1.5 oz every 1 hour or less. Exhausting. However, he was jaundice so would tire very easily during a feed. I asked the MW about changing to the next flow of teat up. She said it was worth a try, he struggled for the first couple of mouthfuls but soon adapted and it did help x

My 10 week old is taking 5oz every 2/3 hours. I don't get a break lol. By the time she settles and naps she's wanting a feed. I'm actually going to put her on hungry baby milk. Xx

A 1 week old's stomach is only big enough to hold 2oz so that's fine.

If she were breastfed she would be feeding every hour or more and taking 1-2oz at one week so that is normal. You really shouldn't go to a faster flow teat yet, she could choke as the milk comes out with little or no effort.
Also you want to avoid stretching her stomach.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/502432902149491531/

Attachments

• stomach.jpg
    stomach.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I spoke to me today who watched me feed her and thought that she could benefit from trying a bigger tray judging by how long it is taking her to drink 2oz and Ho much effort she is putting in. We're going to try it tomorrow and if we feel
Like she isn't doing well with them well go back to 1's and store the 2's until she needs them.

The mw didn't feel like she was taking too much. And estimates anything between 2-4 is fine but that it shouldn't be taking her as long to get it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back