Fed up

starryeyes

Reaction score
I'm just having a moan really. My little girl is nearly 2 and she isn't the worst sleeper. I'd say most nights she goes down pretty easy at 7:30ish and sleeps til about 6:30. However, a couple of nights a week she'll wake in the night and want a bit of milk and a cuddle and maybe once a week she'll go bat shit crazy for no reason at bedtime and we have a huge battle getting her down. My friends who's babies all seems to sleep brilliantly have suggested talking to a health visitor which I took as a bit of an insult cos it's not like we haven't done everything you're supposed to. Good routine and she self settles 99% of the time. I just feel like cos it's so intermittent that there's not much we can do.

Anyone got a similar Russian roulette situation at bedtime?

PS. When I say supposed to I don't mean everyone wants to do that or that it's easy. We worked our assessment off getting her this good.

Hey! Didn't want to read and run, but I don't have tonnes of advice, only that it seems normal for this to still occur at this age. It must be really tricky, I bet it knackers you! Someone on here who is the name "fcroxy" has a little girl a similar age who also isn't a great sleeper, maybe look her up and you can discuss different ideas etc? You'll find her in third trimester :D

I hope it gets better for you, my daughter was always a pretty good sleeper and I just used to make sure she had a nap earlier in the day, and a big dinner with an end of the day drink like milk or something before bed, and a nice clean nappy and that was literally all I did and she slept like a log. She's 5 now and she is so lazy! I have to get her out of bed even though she gets like 12 hours a night and she STILL naps after school and everything lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back