Fed up - Rant

NicNak1

Reaction score
Oooh im so annoyed!! So we moved out of our flat and into a house in May and been decorating since, obviously starting with the babys room as wanted that done and ready for baby coming. Well we're onto the living room and my OH doesnt know how to put laminate flooring down so i have asked my brother to help us and put it down for us as he's done it before (we havent got enough money to pay someone to do it and he knows this) and he's said no. Now if it was anyone else i wouldnt mind at all but i do sooooo much for him!!! I look after my niece whenever they need me to, they have just been on holiday so i went to his house every day to sort the cat and rabbit out. I never ask any favours from him so i honestly thought he would help. We are really close aswell. Im so pissed off. I only have 4 weeks and 5 days until due date and ill not be able to save enough money to get someone to do it before then. I feel like crying.

Aww Hun that's crap! Have u told him how u feel? X

Get oh to watch you tube and he will be well away laying the floor! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

No i havent said anything. He was saying "i havent got time i have to do this and that" and i was like it doesnt matter. Think he could tell by the look on my face i wasnt happy. We've never argued so dont want to really say anything to him. Its the fact i never say no to helping him out. Even when it means i babysit until way after midnight and have to be up at 6am for work, even at the start of my pregnancy when i had really bad sickness i still helped out and he knew how poorly i was. Xx

I think my OH will have to do that, the thing is we dont have any spare money if he does it wrong and we have to buy some more. Xx

My parents recently laid oak floori throughout their house and my dad had no previous experience. I think b&q maybe did useful videos etc. I don't think it's too hard to get the hang of it, even my brother was helping out and he's really not mr DIY at all!!

Sucks that your brother is being so arsey about it :-( even if he could just spare an hour or 2 of an evening to help get you started would be something!

Don't worry though, babies still got a while to go yet. You've got time :) just stay calm, think of all the nice things you have to look forward to and stop thinking about how annoyed you are!!!! X

Awww that's horrible, no wonder you are upset.

Agree with YouTube. I managed to change a major part in my car using YouTube saving myself over £200! OH did some plastering too and he is the worst for DIY, I usually do most of it. I've laid laminate before and once you have done a few pieces its quite easy. Good luck x

I think you should speak to your brother though, not a big rant, but just say you're upset as it's really a stressful time and could he not just help your OH do it. I certainly wouldn't be rushing to help him again if he doesn't help you. It sounds pretty mean. people forget how stressy it is preparing for a baby. Talk to him. I know you don't want to fall out, so just tell him why you're upset but then let it go, whether he still says no or not.
xx

I was thinking about speaking with him about it but my mam has helped us out. She has got one of her friends to come over and give us a quote and she is paying for it, shes disappointed with my brother and seen how upset i was and said she would pay. Told her i would try and get the money together but shes not having any of it. I feel awful because she spends so much money on me at the minute!!! Im so pleased its sorted though, i was stressing out so much because i could really have the baby any day and i really want the living room finished. Its getting fitted on 12th august. :) xx

Yaaaay! Good old mum. So pleased for you hun. My brother has been a bit crap lately so I can sympathise! Xx

Thanks hun. Its not good is it? I dont know if he's off with me because im pregnant, his little sister is finally growing up (although i am 24 lol) he was gutted when i turned 21. Him and my sister inlaw never ask how i am or how baby is. Makes me sad to be honest :-( never mind, things might change once baby is here. Xx

My bro lives and works in London and is all caught up planning for his wedding. I hardly ever see him as they're always busy with friends. It makes me sad as we're quite close and it feels like he's getting further away. Boooo! I hope he makes an effort to see his niece/ nephew once they're here. We're planning to go to wedding if Squiggle arrives on time! Xx

Aww big hugs glad your mum is sorting it tho parents can be so lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back