Fear of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by NCO, Jul 31, 2020.

1. NCO

NCO New Member

My husband and I are trying to conceive and I really want to have a baby, but I have a fear of being pregnant. I have a history of panic attacks and the attacks have come on before when I thought I could be pregnant. My fear is basically having panic attacks while pregnant. Has anyone else had this fear and gotten past it? Thanks!!

2. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

Why are you scared of having a panic attack while pregnant? It shouldn’t be any more scary than a panic attack when not pregnant.

chattychar1990 and night owl like this.
  3. Mandy119

Mandy119 Well-Known Member

Is there a reason that you have a fear of being pregnant? Maybe try and work on that before you try to conceive?

chattychar1990 and night owl like this.
  4. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be trying to conceive if you have a fear of being pregnant. you need to get over this before you actually do fall Pregnant.

5. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

Are you concerned that a panic attack would harm any potential baby? Or is it the idea of being pregnant what makes you panic? You’d probably be best to speak with your GP.. sounds like you could maybe do with some CBT to address the issue first.