FAVOURITISM

u poor thing - how rude of her to treat ur OH as second best!!! :x

u sound like uv got a lot goin for u, ur education, jobs and ur own place - tell her to get stuffed with regards to movin into theirs, why on earth would u want to with ur own baby on the way??

im in shock hun, i really feel for u!!! :shock: :shock:

Hiya,

sounds terrible, where is your OH going for work, how far away?

Can you not go too?

freepie said:
Hiya,

sounds terrible, where is your OH going for work, how far away?

Can you not go too?

200mile round trip, so it is better for him to get digs there. I didntwant to go because we prepared to relocate before and it fell through. Would rather be near my family to be honest.

mummykay: I think that MIL has blinkers on at the moment...and cant see past her first grandchild on the way any day now...they are desperate for their own place, and she suggested we move in to hers and let them have our home. to be fair, it was before i found out i was expecting, but there was no way i was having that. I went mental, but it caused tension between me and mu OH, because he thought it was a realistic option.

I just wish i was a million miles away from everything right now. I know it is hormones making me worse just now, but the problem was there before the hormones were!!

What can you do? If she has her favourite, then thats the way it is, and no amount of huffing and puffing will change it. Just wish we were afforded the same treatment as his bro and gf, it's not a lot to ask... :cry:

Thats terrible that you have been made to feel like that but if was you i would hold your head high and look at what you have achieved it must be hard for your oh as this is his family and he must be stuck in the middle. When he moves will it be permanent will he come back when the babys born or just weekends and hols?

If they were to live at your place would they pay the rent/mortgage and all the bills or would you be expected to still pay because if they would pay why cant they just get another place nearby. Once there baby is born it will problay settle down a bit as grandparents do tend to go a bit OTT especially with the first grandchild.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bloom said:
Thats terrible that you have been made to feel like that but if was you i would hold your head high and look at what you have achieved it must be hard for your oh as this is his family and he must be stuck in the middle. When he moves will it be permanent will he come back when the babys born or just weekends and hols?

If they were to live at your place would they pay the rent/mortgage and all the bills or would you be expected to still pay because if they would pay why cant they just get another place nearby. Once there baby is born it will problay settle down a bit as grandparents do tend to go a bit OTT especially with the first grandchild.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

his move is permanent...he'll only be around at weekends and hols. If I had thought it would be like this, we wouldnt of ttc, but he cant help it, there's nothing round here for him.

and he does feel stuck in the middle, but he also sees that we are being treated differently, but like he says, what can you do??

If they moved into our place and we moved to his folks, they would pay rent etc, but of course it would be the in-laws footing the bill before long, because the most annoying part is they have them wrapped round their little finger, and knonw how to get what they want. they dont really need to try andmake a go of things, because they know someone else will wipe their arses for them. We pay our own way, but that doesnt seem to be admired or appreciated.

If I were you I would up sticks and move away with your OH, you need to stick together at times like this, not be apart - even if it's just temporary until he gets something nearer to where you are now.

unfortunately we dont think it is even an option anymore :x

:hug: My MIL has her Favorite too, even told my hubby she asked the nurse to turn off his life support when he was born prem. (even though he was fine!) We just take it, but now she is doing the same with her grandchildren! Bad enough that what ever we do my Brother in law does too but now the MIL is treating my little lad different to theres and she didn't even ask how our scan went, but of course they are pregnant (only a month and after they found out we were!) and she got on a plane to see them and couldn't pop to us! We say look after yourself! Her loss, they are not your problem! You should be proud that you are independant. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back