Favourite Funny Quotes/Phrases

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by littlebump, Jul 14, 2005.

1. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Winston Churchill was full of them - one of my faves is

"Saving is a fine thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you."

and "It is the inalienable right of every Englishman to pronounce foreign words exactly as he pleases." (how true!!)

On the funny side - Chris Rock: -
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

He cracks me up!!!

2. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

I know loads of fab qoutes none funny tho, but i love em.

Here goes be prepared to be bored...........

There is a sacredness in tears that are not the marks of weaness but of power. They speak more eloquently than that of a thousand tounges. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakale love.

Love me when i least deserve it because that is when i need it most.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.

Never miss seeing any thing beautiful.

What i have learned about being angry with people is that it generally hurts u more tahn it hurts them.

3. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Aw - so sweet - I especially like the 'Love me when i least deserve it because that is when i need it most.' I'll mention that to my hubby for when I'm particularly hormonal!!