Fatigue

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Tillyfloss, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Tillyfloss

Tillyfloss Well-Known Member

How do you know if you have pregnancy related fatigue or simply just tired and worn out?
    Is there much difference?
    I got up at 910 ( 2 hrs later than normal) yday and today gone 8 ( 1 hr than normal) I have no energy or motivation, could happily just lye on my bed and watch the world go by, I do have other kids which are demanding but even when I'm upstairs on my own relaxing I have no motivation and can't be bothered to do anything!

2. Tina18

Tina18 Well-Known Member

I also question this! I'm 9 weeks 2 days and am constantly shattered ! I'm pretty sure it's pregnancy related, I would usually get up early all the time but now I will happily lie in!! Xxxx

3. MummyBee

MummyBee Well-Known Member

Probably the pregnancy. No matter how much i sleep i could still sleep more

4. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

I agree, probably pregnancy related, I'm finding the same. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get I'm always exhausted! Roll on tri 2 where we'll have more energy!

5. firsttimemum29

firsttimemum29 Well-Known Member

I don't remember being this tired with my first. Going off coffe hasn't helped either!

6. Laura1992

Laura1992 Well-Known Member

Only in recent weeks have I been able to make a full day out of bed. I literally spent all day in bed and slept about 15 hours per day, not helped when I actually did get the flu at 9 weeks pregnant, which took a long time to recover from. Now I do get the odd day where I feel "energetic" - by which I mean that I can manage a walk into town and a look around the shops! It's a bit miserable to feel exhausted 24/7 but it does eventually improve.

7. Pambi

Pambi Well-Known Member

Fatigue is a daily struggle for me too. I went to a wedding at the weekend and spent the afternoon sitting down and chatting to the older ladies. I'm at work at the moment wondering how I will find the energy to walk to the station / home.

8. Papermoon

Papermoon Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, fatigue is the strongest pregnancy symptom I have! Normally I'm very energetic and hyper with tons of energy. But in the first trimester I had like zero energy! I was worn out from doing nothing! I used to go to the gym every day before pregnancy but now I do not have the energy. I could barely keep my eyes open at work, at lunch I had to take a nap on one of the couches in the break room. I would come home after work and take a nap first thing. No matter how much sleep I got, I was still worn out. On my off days I used to stay up all night and go to bed at like 3 or 4 am, and now on my off days I am worn out by like 9 or 10 pm and that's with a 2 hour nap that day. LOL! Now it has gotten better but I'm still more tired than normal, and I still need a nap after work, but at least I can keep my eyes open at work now. Haha:D I just listen to my body and get as much sleep as I feel like I need. :) I'm about to go to bed now, and it's only 8:30pm here. :)

9. Papermoon

Papermoon Well-Known Member

I still can't walk into town and look around shops, I would be exhausted. I used to walk miles, and then after that go to the gym. Now I just don't have the energy. LOL I'll have to pick back up on my fitness routine after I have the baby. :) For now I'm gonna listen to my body and get plenty of rest. :)