FATHERS RIGHTS im confused

LSD

Reaction score
Hi its a bit if a weird situation so excuse the long post.

I am a full time student and work part time (10 hours a week avg as 0 hour contract)

My husband works full time 40 hours. His manager has just returned from maternity leave and she got 6 months full pay (company perk)

weve looked around and cant find any information on if he is entitled to take the time off. Well one place said he could take paternity leave (not sure what type they all seem to be called similar things) and would get 90% of wages or 135 a week whichever is lowest.

If I worked full time at his job and he was unemployed i would be entitled to the full 6months paid

So why isnt this the same for men? His work have said he isnt entitled to the company perk.

Is this legal? can they give one thing to women and not to men? seems really unfair.

Paternity is usually only 2 weeks at the 90% pay/£140 a week. It's pretty awful. You can now do a thing where you split your mat leave with your partner - allowing him more time off but I'm not sure how much he gets paid for this, sorry. There is info about it on gov.uk. The woman is entitled to so much longer due to a) recovery time post birth, b) to allow for breastfeeding, where you cannot be apart from the baby for more than a few hours for 6+ months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back