Fathers Day gift ideas

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I want to get something really special for my husband to celebrate his first ever fathers day but don't have a clue what to get, any ideas would be fab? Am thinking something sentimental that he can keep.

What are you all getting your babies daddy?

We did baby footprints in a local pottery cafe when lily was a baby and we've continued it with handprints now she's older. We started off with a mug but now i do tiles so they can all be put together to see the changes over the years. We'll do the same with jack too.

Here's the kind of thing.... http://www.pipspots.co.uk/Hand_&_Footprints.html

We don't really do pressies, but I am going to get him a card made and attempt to get casts of James' footprint and handprint (so far the little wriggle monster has made it impossible)

I have a friend who has painted us a few things over the years so I want to try and get him a painting of his fave James pic BUT friend is out of country so it may have to be a Birthday pressie for him instead.

It's my Birthday the day after so we'll be going out for dinner.

xxxxxx

Love the hand and footprint ceramics but i am rubbish at painting lol

Hubby is an artist himself and a budding photographer so those things are ruled out as he will just moan that he could have done a better job for free lol

I've already got OH his Father's Day present. He loves carrying C and takes her for a walk in the baby Bjorn every morning, but it was awful for his back and not great for her so we always talked about getting a Manduca or an Ergo. So I got him one last week and he has loved using it :)

I did think about doing a mug or something but I have loads of mum mugs I never use and they are just taking up space lol xx

We just get tacky Daddy or Mummy bits & bobs for Fathers/Mothers day and get better pressies forour Birthdays from the boys. It's OH's 30th in November so I'm getting him a silver keyring with Jack's handprint & Harry's footprint on it x

I've created a card with Max's photo on Moonpig and I'm getting cufflinks with Max's date of birth engraved on them, I know OH will feel special when he wears them :) xxx

I have got one of those "from you to me Dad" books for him to fill out. Am still looking for something else so will be watching this thread closely!

I haven't let him take our lo swimming yet as i wanted her to have all her jabs first and hold her head up so I'm going to take them both on Father's Day and I got an 'I <3 My Daddy' swimming costume. I'm also going to make up a picnic and go for a nice long walk and pack his favorite ale.

Just saw this. LOVE IT!! Be great for his desk at work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 71
My OH didn't even get me a Mother's Day card so he can go poke it for Father's Day! Your ideas are lovely though ladies!xx

My OH didn't even get me a Mother's Day card so he can go poke it for Father's Day! Your ideas are lovely though ladies!xx

Bless you....I feel like sending you one now!

Next year you treat yourself to something nice from your lo xx

Love the dad picture but bubbs is to young to hold things .. or sit up for that matter lol

Oh lynds I like that... Where did you see that?

found it on google images! was just looking for inspiration. Have found some MDF DAD letters on ebay for £8 so might just get them and paint them pink!!

pop her in a nice frock and get snapping! just need to find a frame like that too. x

Just saw this. LOVE IT!! Be great for his desk at work

I really like this idea! Been googling where I could buy the letters but can't find any, any one know please? X

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

One of our very own pf ladies does wooden lettering, you can find her on Facebook under crafty bobbins

I bought OH a frame for a pic of the boys. My Sister's a photograher and has a lovely one she's printing off for me. I also got him a silly No.1 Dad tax disc holder and air freshener for his work van and a 'box of smiles' from Thorntons. That'll do him. Like I say we get special pressie's for Birthdays x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back