Father resents me

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumbleFuzz

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right section to post in but I suppose I'm going to be a single parent.
I found out I was pregnant on Friday 21 December, morning sickness gave it away. Work have been awful about it so screw them.
I told the father (my boyfriend) on Sunday morning and he was (to my surprise) quite happy. Then Monday morning rolled around and I woke up to "I don't wanna be a dad. Ive never wanted to be a dad". I outright said to him "I'm not having an abortion, it's my body!" And he seemed offended. He then said "this affects us both for the rest of our lives", which yes it does but he has the option to not be involved. I'm only a few weeks along so chances are I'll miscarry anyway. But if I don't, I don't want to be with somebody who is going to resent me and the child forever.
I don't know what to do. I want kids more than anything and he abhors the idea of being a father. We should NOT be together, but for some reason we still are. It's easy to look at the relationship and say we should just split but it isn't all bad. I'm just hurting right now and I'm confused and scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back