father of baby starting 2b a problem?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Kerry, May 13, 2005.

1. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

My initial reaction is that if he doesn't trust you it wouldn't work anyway, a relationship cannot survive without trust. If it was me, and I was as sure as you are that he is the father, I would stick to my guns, there is after all no reason for a DNA test, there are no other possible fathers.

To take a good line from Bridget jones 2.......next time he asks for a DNA test tell him:

"I won't dignify that question with an answer"

..........Sorry.........huge Bridget fan!!

Good luck to you what ever you do - keep us posted.

2. ranger*goy

ranger*goy Member

At least by taking a DNA test he cant argue with the Child Support Agency. Sounds like he's trying to shirk his responsibilities to me, financially and emotionally.

3. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

To be honest if you don't really know each other that well maybe it is best to get a DNA test.
    If you were him you might want a bit of reasurrance that it's your baby aswell.
    I know he SHOULD trust you, but it's early days and you haven't know him very long so why should he trust you really?

I would get the DNA test, but don't resent it, it's a big thing for him to come to terms with, so try to understand a little.