Fast approaching 12 months old.....bottles/formula advice...

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Its come round sooo fast :shock:

I am confused now about bottles/formula etc...do I just stop at 12 months, stop sterilizing and give her full fat cows milk????

She is still having around bottles a day as well as 3 meals....Is this too much??? Will this dwindle when she has cows milk????

HELPPPPPPPPPP!! I am feeling this is such a milestone, that things will change drastically?? Or m I just being dramatic??? :oops: :rotfl:

Rubys mummy said:
She is still having around bottles a day as well as 3 meals

How many's that then? :lol:

We stopped sterilising at 12 months. To be honest we could've done it before, he was picking up all sorts of crap off the floor and putting it in his mouth anyway.

As for the milk, I just ran down his formula box, giving him a formula feed in the morning and cows milk in afternoon and night until we ran out, then he had 100% cows milk.

As for amount. Stanley was still having 3x 8oz bottles at 1 year old, which HV told me was too much but he always ate well so I ignored her. :wink: He dropped the afternoon bottle himself soon after his birthday and now has the bedtime and breakfast one.

HTH :D

Im not going to advise because I dont know your daughter, but when my son hit that age I stopped sterilizing, and I gave him cows milk, he did have a bit of a tummy upset though because the cows milk wasa bit of a shck to the system. He was fine though.

Getting cows milk in is fine, but dont expect it too be cheaper then formula! I found it was just as expensive if not more!
she will probably love cows milk and keep asking you for more, try and keep her on a pint of milk a day as thats the recommended amount. :D

I dount stopping sterlizing will cause any problems

:rotfl: That should of been 4 x 6oz bottles :rotfl:

I dont know why I am so worried abut sterilizing...caught her licking the sole of OHs shoe, eating dog food from dogs bowl and she can spot a speck of anything from a mile, crawls like the clappers and shoves it in her mouth :roll: :rotfl:

She seems to be so fussy at the mo with her food, she wants to feed herself with everything and wont entertain a spoon :shakehead: ....I am worried she is going hungry and relying on her bottles too much :think:

I found it hard to stop sterilizing, its like they are suddenly going to get sick from it but she will be fine. I stopped sterilizing with Nathan at 6 months. As for the cows milk I started just introducing one bottle a day. I'm going to start Nathan on it this week. He has 8oz of formula in the morning and before bed and only about 4oz in the afternoon. So I'm going to switch his afternoon one first to see how he gets on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back