Farleys or SMA formula

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
quick question what do you think is best from farleys or sma formula or is there no real difference?
i ask as want to buy a few tins soon and the problem is when i was a baby i had to have soya milk due to allegys ive looked in the shops by me and the only brands that do soya are farleys and sma. id rather not switch brands if he does have to go on soya milk after a few weeks
any advice would be great :)
manda xx

I got on best with Farley's, but then I didn't use it on a newborn so couldn't say for certain.
It's also cheaper, which is a bonus :lol:

We used Farleys for Jamie and had no feeding problems and he thrived :D

You honestly wont be able to buy any tins before the baby is born because millk has a short term date on, 4 weks i think it is.

I dont like either of those milks so im saying neither :D

thanks all think il go for farleys :)
i dint relise the date was that short il hold out for a while then thanks
manda xx

is it just soya milk that has short life span, i used Sma normal one and it doesnt go out of date for like a year after i brought it

mrs_tommo22 said:
You honestly wont be able to buy any tins before the baby is born because millk has a short term date on, 4 weks i think it is.

Same here. Why do you think your LO will also have an allergy? I would talk to your MW. :hug:

Carina said:
mrs_tommo22 said:

Same here. Why do you think your LO will also have an allergy? I would talk to your MW. :hug:

im just being prepered as its likley he will inherit it from me, my dad had it then me and my nephew had it aswell.
just dont want to have to faff about changing milk makes if he has to go onto soya :(
manda xx

I'm saying neither. A few women on here tried SMA and had problems with it, as did I. Harrison was on C&G green and he didnt have any problems on that, I wish I had have changed him sooner to be honest. And with the milk not lasting long, the milk in tins lasts for quite a while actually as long as it hasnt been opened, we brought a tin of SMA gold for Harrison before he was born and we never used it and its still in the cupboard, doesnt expire untill 2009

My LO is 3 months now and we've used SMA gold from Day 1. At first he didn't take to it too well and was only pooing every 2 days. Now he is guzzling it down and I get 1-2 dirty nappies per day. I mainly use the powder as he drinks so much :D but I sometimes use ready mixed milk and there is no difference in how he takes it or the nappies.

I used SMA gold for James and he was fine, have heard its made other babys constipated though. I think it's quite often a case of trying different brands until you find one that agrees with your baby.

I'd only buy one tin to start with incase your LO doesn't get on with the milk you choose.
I'd also talk to your midwife about it and see what she suggests

both my midwife and health visitor told me that they have had no end of complaints about problems with SMA. my little one didn't take to it at all. i agree with the earlier post in saying you need to speak to your midwife, don't just assume that your baby will not have normal milk formula. they told me that isaiah was lactose intolerant so tried and tried to get him onto soya formula but he just screamed for hours over it and there was no way he would have it! i personally don't think that was the problem anyway...just think that for babies that wont stop crying the doctors get desperate to find an answer sometimes. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back