FAO - Kelly/Anyone else that has used the cheap hpt

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just after some advice, I know you'll probably say I'm clutching at straws but after some bad news today I really feel like a night on the town but since I haven't had AF yet (which is ok cos last cycle was 45 days and I'm currently CD44) I decided to do another hpt before going heavy on the booze (these are the ones that have been recommended on another thread and are very reasonable). I did one of the tests on Tuesday but it looked different to today.. I've attached a pic below in the hope that someone else who has done one of these types of hpt can advise if they got the same or if there really is a faint 2nd pink line.

With these tests you dip into urine for 10-15 mins then leave for 3 mins and see what appears. The one in the week was white on the stick whilst the urine was being absorbed and then after a minute the 1 red line appeared and remained as 1 so it was negative. Today the two tests I've done both went slightly pink as the urine was being absorbed , then 1 solid pink line appeared then after 2 mins a v v v v faint pink line appeared.

I think these tests are v sensitve so I don't want to go and buy a clearblue or predictor test if it'll come back negative.

Anyone had any experiences with these?

Thanks

Lucy

DSC00680.JPG

They're positive!!

I am pregnant and used this test the other day, just to check for the 6th time (mad I know!) and mine came out just like this.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hi Kim

Thanks for your reply.

I feel in disbelief! I'm gobsmacked! I'm so happy but don't want to believe it in case it's not true (does that sound weird!?)

I think why I'm doubting the test is because last week:
I put the test in the urine sample and as the liquid was being absorbed the test stick was white and then the 1 pink line appeared. BFN

The two today:
I put the test in the urine sample and as the liquid was being absorbed the test sticks looked pink, then the 1 strong pink like appeared followed by a faint pink line.

I so hope it is a BFP - do you know which of the other other more expensive hpt detect low hcg levels?

Thanks

Lucy
Babydust to all x

Hi

I have used several of these, sometimes they go pink, sometimes they don't. I don't think it makes a difference, the only thing that matters is the number of lines, and you have 2!!!

The first response test is a good one, it shows up 4 days before your missed period. I also like the clear blue ones. I didnt think much to the reveal one.

Do another test for peace of mind, but you best start believing it - you're gonna be a mummy!!!

Hi Kim

I told my DH about the tests and he insisted we go to ASDA to get another test, so off we went (15 min drive) and they only had their own brand and Predictor tests so I bought the Predictor but it's just come out as negative :(

So, maybe the two tests I did were faulty after all?

Lucy

You can get a false negative but not a false positive. You have to be PG for the hormone to show up on the stick as the second pink line. I have done 6 tests and one came out negative (the 2nd one). The next day it had turned positive. What I suggest you do is phone the doc on Monday morning and ask for a blood test, they are more sensitive. Sorry if I got your hopes up but I really believe that those tests are positive, they aren't actually that faint to me.

Best wishes

Hi Kim

Don't worry , I was getting my hopes up as soon as I saw the faint lines!! I wanted to get other's opinions hence posting the pic beause I knew I wouldn't be able to describe it very well in just words!

I'll do as you say, I'm due to register with the local doctors on 8th June but I'll try and bring it forward, I guess I could alwasy go to the walk in Well Woman clinic nearer to work?

Thanks

Lucy

I think I have some good news for you...

You know I said I did a REVEAL test and it came out negative, then turned positive overnight, well, I've just been upstairs and checked (I have kept them all!!) and it was actually a PREDICTOR so I would check yours again tomorrow. In any case I think they're rubbish and you should maybe try a different brand???

They look positive !!!!

Wait for a couple of days and try again, i wish mine looked like yours :cry: but they only have one line for a moment i thought a 2nd came up then it dissapeared again!
:oops:

Let us know, and keep off the booze just incase!!!!!

:wink: Good luck!

Hi Everyone

I did a First Response at lunchtime and got a BFP!!!!

I'm so happy, but a little bit worried as it's so early days.

Thanks for everyone's help over the weekend!

Lucy

Congratulations on your BFP!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a very healthy pregnancy/child.

BABY DUST TO US ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya

What did I tell you!! That's great news I'm so happy for you. Do you know how far you think you'll be??

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Not sure how far along I am, tricky as it was the 2nd cycle off the pill and the first was was 45 days.

The first day of my last AF was 14th April but I'm sure I OV'd around May 4th so I guess I'm not even 4 weeks yet?

I've got an appointment with the nurse a week on Wednesday (pre-arranged ) so I hope She will be able to give me some more information then.

When's your EDD Kim?

Lucy

Well my last AF was 13 April and they have given me an EDD of 18 Jan 06 however, that would assume I ovulated on CD14, but I think I ovulated 2 days earlier, making me 2 days further on???

I don't know it's soooo confusing isnt it!!

I used exactly those tests and got very faint lines too at first!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back