Fan in baby room

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Since my baby will arrive in July it might be very hot.. What are your thoughts on fans for the room to keep the air moving? Is that a good plan?

That's actually a good question - they advise that they share your room when very little until something like 6 months old and we will definitely have the fan out by then. I guess it's just a case of being sensible and not let them get too hot or cold! Our baby will be sharing our room until over the age of 1 when they can go in a toddler bed anyway xx

That's actually a good question - they advise that they share your room when very little until something like 6 months old and we will definitely have the fan out by then. I guess it's just a case of being sensible and not let them get too hot or cold! Our baby will be sharing our room until over the age of 1 when they can go in a toddler bed anyway xx

Yes, she will be in our room for the first 6 months as well. So you will have a fan in your room? I get really warm as well so would be nice!

I think it is fine as long as the fan isn't blowing at them directly xx

We used a fan last time and will be using it again. Our toddler sleeps in the warmest room in the house and already has the tower fan on a couple of hours at bedtime to cool the room. We've borrowed an air cooler for when it gets really hot this year. I remember getting really hot and sweaty overnight when we first brought our daughter home and that was in March so I think we're going to really appreciate it with a June baby.

We used a fan last time and will be using it again. Our toddler sleeps in the warmest room in the house and already has the tower fan on a couple of hours at bedtime to cool the room. We've borrowed an air cooler for when it gets really hot this year. I remember getting really hot and sweaty overnight when we first brought our daughter home and that was in March so I think we're going to really appreciate it with a June baby.

Thanks! So you have an air con? I was thinking of a fan that only circulates the air but perhaps I need to look into something more advanced? xx :)

I have a tower fan which il be using. I think it's ok as long as baby is not next to it. I think it's the same as being near a windows, they say not to have baby under the windows incase they get to cold. X

It's not air con but it's a heavy duty fan that you can add ice trays to so that it blows cold air into the room. (You could put a bowl of iced water in front of your fan to help if you have space to do so safely.) Will probably have it in the landing with doors open to cool the whole upstairs as it'd be a bit of a squeeze to get it in our room. Will probably have a small tower fan in our room as well though.

Actually here (in the US) they recommend using a fan because circulating air reduces SIDS risk. I'm having an August baby and will be using one for sure!

Thanks! Will have a look at one this weekend and see what we can find :) Might go for a tower fan to start with and upgrade if it gets really warm! You never know in the UK! :) x

Yes, she will be in our room for the first 6 months as well. So you will have a fan in your room? I get really warm as well so would be nice!

Yeah we always have a fan in our room in the summer so I will indeed be getting it out very soon xx

Both of the bedrooms in our house are sun spots so plan on having it on during the day with the window open to circulate the air and hopefully the heat wont stick overnight.

Asda have reasonable tower fans mine is quiet even when oscillating and has a timer. I think I paid £12 3 settings and a tower fan doesn't get dirty blades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back