Family's negativity

Leighanne

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm so fed up with how horrible my family are making me feel about my pregnancy weight gain. I'm 12 weeks with the second and gained a stone and a half. My boobs at least 2 cup sizes bigger. I already feel not my best and paranoid. My sister says things to me like 'oh I'd how hate it if my boobs were like yours' and 'how do I walk around with boobs like that'. My mother says 'i think you'll think your body will stay like that now after the baby'. They are both slimmer than me and they are making me feel so awful about myself. I said to them 'i will lose the weight again, I did it the first time. I may not lose it straight away after the birth but I will eventually because I believe I can and I want to. I also said to them that all you need for weight loss is the power of your mind and the right attitude. They even had a negative thing to say about that and said but it prob won't work next time and I'm older now (I'm 30) and will find it harder to control myself. I said they are too negative and don't believe in me but I don't care because all I need is to believe in myself. They are now upset and I've offended them. I said their words are toxic and negative and not what I need to hear and I'll prove them wrong with the Weight loss after the baby is born whenenever I decide to start. They said but I'm just not one of those fitness mums who loses the weight 8 months after. I said no I'm not, but what's the rush? I might not be in a state to lose it straight away another and actually be enjoying baby bonding time. They just looked at me funny. I wish they cared about how low and ashamed they make me feel about my changing body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back