family tax credit

Layla

Reaction score
Me and Jase put in a joint claim 4 weeks ago, they have been so slow to deal with it, asking for all sorts of info from us.

our over draft has taken a battering coz we have been low on money, we are over £400 overdrawn at the mo and rent is due friday, i was starting to get really worried.

Just phoned them tho, they have sorted it and have to back date us £838!!!

im so reliefed, thought we would struggle for xmas but now i can do a nice food shop :)

they said i have to phone them back when Coby is born to get the new award, i just hope they dont take another 4 weeks to do it.

hi hun i didnt no there was such thing as tax credits lol untill 3months after dior was born i was on £100 a week maternity leave and struggleing real bad until a friend mentioned it i applied for it online and they back dated me £2000 it was the best thing in the world!!!!!

glad your goin to have a nice xmas :)

hi hun i didnt no there was such thing as tax credits lol untill 3months after dior was born i was on £100 a week maternity leave and struggleing real bad until a friend mentioned it i applied for it online and they back dated me £2000 it was the best thing in the world!!!!!

glad your goin to have a nice xmas :)

Thats the same with us Layla, They took weeks to sort out our claim so when i rang them he backdated it and put it in our banks straight away! i got £710 and my OH got £658 so was very happy!! was trying not to scream down the phone through excitment when he told me how much!!!
Very helpful before xmas! bought a nice tin of celebrations lol (and have eaten all the malteser ones!!!! ha ha :wink: )

My advice to anyone waiting to hear about their claim is to ring them up and nag them and they do it straight away!

stephlw25 said:
My advice to anyone waiting to hear about their claim is to ring them up and nag them and they do it straight away!

ah yes totaly!, they need a push but its worth it in the end! :D

layla havent you had tax credits before with your other children (tell me if i'm being too nosey).

i get it for my other 2 children as jon stays at home with them.

mind you it only goes up another £70 every four weeks when we have baby, but £70 is £70.

x

yeah i have had it since they were born, but as a single claim, when me and jase got married i had to stop it and aply for a joint one.

they took his wages in to account so i thought we would just get the child tax and not the working tax, but they have given us both so its a bonus!

£70 is good, i hope mine goes up by that much when Coby gets here

thats great layla. i dont think that people are informed enough of what they are entitled to.

did you manage to get your maternity grant? mine came into my account and went the same day. lol. paid for my pram though which is the main thing.

yeah i got my grant, mine went the same day too lol

thought i had got everything for teh baby but rememberd yesterday that i still have to get a bouncy chair and some blankets to wrap him up in, going to get them out of this tax credit money.

also got to get some nursing bras and some nice pj's are after the birth.

then im all sorted and its just a case of waiting*huff*

lol

layla where are you getting your pjs from.

i bought nursing night dresses from mothercare for kieran and joshua, but i really dont want them this time. i am more of a shorts and top sort of person. I got told to maybe look in primark or a shop like that.

what do you think or are you going to mothercare

x

I havent looked about to be honest, i was just going to get some from mothercare. Im not a nightdress person either, i feel much more comfy in either shorts of trousers.

I have seen these on there web site and thought they looked ok so i will see what they are like when i go in next.

http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lz1022&b ... tnightwear

If you find any nice ones else where tho, let me know please hun :)

x

hi davina i got sum lovely pjs for when i give birth just to chill in round the hospital there from primark £3

i think there is a primark in brighton.

if all fails then there is an asda

x

We've just had a Primark open in Hull last week, it's ace!! Never looked at the PJ's though, I got all of mine from Matalan, I love their night wear and it's dead cheap. I got a nighty to labour in and some PJ's with a button front top and shorts for after, nice and handy for breast feeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back