family didnt take news too well

vics17

Reaction score
Well we told my parents last night couldn't really keep it from them as we staying with them till we can move into our new flat. thought they had taken it well then went to say goodnight to my dad n ended up in tears as he was going on about how disappointed in us he was n how he don't think its the right time for us to have a baby.

we are so confused over everything

oh hunni thats so sad, just remember if you and OH are happy and you feel this is the right decision for you both then it dose not matter what other people think. they will come around and feel very bad for there first reactions.
just keep thinking of the positives you and your beautiful baby, with its amazing daddy and thats all that matters.

big hugs xxxx

He's maybe just in shock that he is going to be a grandad! Lol! Dont worry hun, as long as ur happy then people will be happy to - even if it takes time :) my OH's mum isnt interested in the slightest but i just keep telling myself that its one more person who will butt in on how we raise our daughter etc!
Hope it all turns out well for you love xxx

im sure he will come round once the shocks worn off, out of curiosity how old are u?

So long as you and oh are happy that's all that matters hun :hugs: they'll come round, don't worry :) x x

as above, as long as you and OH are happy, its your decision after all.
and you have your OH for support too. :)

my family wasnt thrilled either, i think me going to be a single mum with no job etc kind of ruin their reputation ¬_¬
but they are coming round now, especially my mum and the 16 yr old brother, they're almost looking forward to it!!!

its a rather big thing to adjust to
:hugs:

I'm 26 almost 27! Hes still not happy today n been lecturing me all morning while I try and work! Looks like we are going to lose the flat we just applied for as the landlord dont want kids in it!

I know how you feel hun, my mum cried for days after i told her. I think it's just a mixture of stress, shock and worry. I'm 25 and have had a few funny looks and vibes from friends that i've somehow 'wasted my life' etc. But at the end of the day, we're adults, our lives aren't going to stop just because we have a baby and i know i still have a lot of ambition and personal aspirations on top of being a mummy so anyone who feels disappointed in me can frankly take a running jump!

Hope you manage to get everything sorted with your flat. Keep your chin up, as everyone has said as long as you and OH are happy that's all that matters xxx

Oh hun, I cried when I told my Mum and Dad because they were like "Oh!". Not exactly the reaction you hope for. At the end of the day though, if you're happy with your decision then - especially at 26, I thought you were 16 or something, lol - it really isn't up to them. My Mum and Dad are now delighted and can't wait to be grandparents. Keep your chin up, and try and ignore the criticisms. xx

It took a little while for OH's dad to come round to the idea, I am sure he was thinking about the money side etc.

To my mind if you get to late twenties and you still don;t have children and you want them although times might be tough your kind of running out of time.

Everything will work out and I am sure the parentals will come around to the idea :)

I am sure they will come round eventually....

The fact is there is not 'right time' to have children, it is a gift so as long as yourself and your OH are happy thats all that matters.

Bee7 I think my mum feels the sam although she has not said anything to indicate it, she is just a little 'off' with me.... she isn't the most expressive person though.... my dad has really suprised me, he has been really supportive and loving. We are only 5 weeks into the pregnancy so nobody know apart from parents but I know I will get a lot of comments about I am 'so young' and could have done so much more before having children (I am 24). This is all I have ever wanted, my parents waited to persue there careers and ended up not being able to have children so as a result they adopted me a 3 days old!!

I guess we all have different prioroties, clearly we have found ours. I am already so in love with our baby and I think the whole thing is magical!

xx

Aww hun sorry to hear the reacted like that but as the others have said im sure they will come around

When my sis in law told her parents they reacted the same paticularly her dad and from the secondbaby was born he was the one who was madly in love with him and spoils him more than all the rest

Its prob just a shock to him but in my opinion there is rarly a perfect time to have a baby and once use are happy the rest will all fall into place :)

At least it's out in the open now. As the others have said, providing you and OH are happy then it's up to your parents to get used to it. My OH told my Dad and I must admit I was really worried about telling my Mum, as our finances aren't brilliant. She was really off with me for about 3 days, but then my morning sickness kicked in and she changed and was my caring Mum once again. I'm sure your Dad will accept it in his own time.

Keep smiling hun, this is a start of a whole new life for you. Remember its you and OH who are bringing a child into the world not your parents and as long as you are happy nothing else should matter. I was 25 when i had my first and felt it completely the right time. Hope you get stuff with the flat sorted out xx

aww, its never the right time, you can always find a reason not to do it but babies tend to pop up when theyre supposed to and noone ever regrets them. your family will just have to get over themselves and realise that its your life and your old enough to live it.

Am sure your parents will be fine once they've digested the news. As everyone has said, it's yours and hubby/partners decision when to have your child and once you're are in a position to provide for that child, then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Oh hunni im sorry to hear this..
I had a major issue with my oh's parents!! My OH is 29 and im only 20 so when they found out my age and the fact that we were even an item, they immediately told dan (OH) that i was just with him for his money! Dan was very open with me about how they were as they are farmers and very old fashioned. I havnt got a great education behind me but ive worked sice i was 16 as a dental nurse and until they judged me, had always been proud of what I'd acheived. My own family couldnt have cared less about the age gap as they just wanted me to be happy. it was a completely different story with his! they had him close to tears on the phone one night saying how dissappointed they were that he was with someone 'of my age'!!
So i never got introduced, i moved in and still never met them. Sooooo then he had to tell them we were expecting, and in the politest way i can put it shit hit the fan big time!!
They have started to come round now and even called me last night to see how i was.. that made me cry!
what im trying to say is people can and do come round :)
Im sure it will all be ok in the end!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back