familes

gangofgin

Reaction score
i just had an argument with my mum because she wants me to climb up the ladders and lift boxes into the loft and some back down for her.
i said, i didnt really think i should be doing that and she started on about when she was pregnant she had to do all sorts of things and they never got told not to do things like lifting and stretching back then. i said well they do now so im not doing it, and then my brother chipped in saying if im so obsessed about being careful i shouldnt leave the house incase i get run over by a bus. i dunno why he couldnt get up the bleeding ladders and lift the boxes.

next year when i come home for christmas, im coming down the day before and going the day after. im p*ssed off with being here already and its not even christmas yet.

moan over.

Wow, I can't believe your family have been so misinformed and so insensitive! I would be pretty p'd off too!
Well done for standing up for yourself and refusing to climb and lift!
Keep putting you and your baby first, your family will have to lump it! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope Christmas is going to be a bit more bareable for you. Just think next year you will have the little one with you so you wont be able to hep out as much then either.

As for the comment from your brother - he is a guy and they don't really understand! Most accidents happen within the home anyway so his theory is blown straight out the window!

Hope you have a good Christmas x x x

It's not about being overly cautious it's about minimising risk! If you have the option not to do something that may harm you or your baby the sensible thing is not to do it! I bet if you started on the wine they'd have something to say - but that's exactly the same!

Have a good Christmas :hug:

Hope things become easier over the next few days and you were right to stick to your guns :shakehead: . Im sure once xmas day is over people become less stressed. Enjoy your xmas.

Tell your mum to send your brother up the loft!!!
:hug: Dont take any notice - you have to be really careful.

You were right to refuse, it's just not worth the risk, especially when your bro is there to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back