FALSE TAN

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by hayley, Jan 10, 2006.

1. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if false tan actually causes any harm to your unborn baby.

I've read in an upto date matunity book that states false tan is perfectly safe. There are no chances of the tan getting into your blood stream. But after a conversation in the office.... i was told it's dangerous! is this just people over reacting? does anyone know?

Also hair products - such as bleaching. I have blonde high lights! I discussed it with my hairdresser before i became pregnant. He told me he wouldn't touch my scalp - although it wouldn't cause any harm to. If I was to have a small cut on my scalp the bleach could (very very small chance) the bleach could get into my bloody stream... the chance was minscule.... but again people warned me off!!!!!

It's becoming a little annoying!!!!

another one is peanuts... i had a bowl of crunch nut cereal for breakfast! now i'm told it's bad for me....

HELP - PEOPLE ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! everyone who bumps into me seems to have advise. Don't get me wrong i'm very thank ful for advise but i'm constantly worrying.. thinking i'm right one minute then wrong the next!!!!

x

2. *sam*

*sam* Well-Known Member

3. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

Hi Sam

thanks a lot... i think i'll stick to using tan on special occasions only and just my legs and arms.. there doesn't seem to be any evidence that it causes any harm but false tans haven't been out long enough to test....

thanks

x

4. Sarahe

Sarahe Well-Known Member

Hi Hayley,

Hair colouring is safe in pregnany as long as it is not peroxcide and bleach but you could certainly use other blonde hair colours which dont contain this. I waited until I was past my 20 weeks before colouring my hair, but that was a personal choice.

I have regulary used fake tans and since I have found out I am pregnant the only thing that isnt really recommended is Heated tanning but tanning sprays and supermarket tans are fine.

with regards to peanuts I took the view that if someone in my family had this allergie then i wouldnt eat them luckily for me no one does and I regulary eat peanuts as a heathly snack. and when looking at my family I only used direct close family.

It is all personal choice what you do whether it is eating peanuts, tanning or even having the odd tipple only you know if you are comfortable eating/ doing these thing.

best thing is dont tell them do what you want and not what they expect you to do.

hope this helps and I hope I didnt rant to much

5. Dee1985

Dee1985 Well-Known Member

hi i put st tropez on twice a week and iv had no probs ild love to use sunbeds thou but thats a no no when pregnant

6. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

thanks for your replies girls.. i agree it's best to keep things to yourself and then no-one can tell you your doing something wrong! but i suppose everyone likes to give advise from their pregnancy when they see someone pregnant!

I'll probably be the same after i've given birth.... he he

about the hair colour (bleach and proxide) my hair dresser told me this is prefectly safe to use from day one to labour... he did however leave a smalll gap between my scalp and the colour. The only way the bleach could get into your blood is if you had a small cut on your scalp and the chances are still tiny.... so us blondies are safe to carry on...

x

7. bossbump

bossbump Well-Known Member

I Regularly use fake tan in moderation. I use it on my arms,chest,neck and face as long as you dont have any allergys to it you should be ok. I waited untill 28 weeks to use it again. But im sure you will be fine. All these does and dont's do my head in to. I eat nuts. Eggs {not snotty} but runny. And many other things i gave up smoking and drinking i think im doing really well. Follow you'r instinct.

8. sueh

sueh Well-Known Member

Hi there, don't know if i'm a bit late for this advice but i am an airbrush tanner, i was advised by the company who i get the tan from (sun junkie) that you shouldn't use fake tan in the first 3 months not because its dangerous just because the colour may turn greenish because of the high levels of hormones flying around the body, but i have been assured its perfectly safe, so carry on tanning girls :dance:

Sue x

9. Dee1985

Dee1985 Well-Known Member

hi hun i used to do the air brush tanning too. and it is safe but mine used to go very patchy wen preg but im layin here in bed now with st tropez all ova me... i dont do pale.. i used sunbeds in my first two pregnancies and they both led to a missscarage. i still to this day think it was cuz the sun bed.... never went near them in my nxt pregnancy n every thing went fine