False positives with PCOS??

Monkeyvamp2410

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the site; was looking for somewhere I could get advice.

Me and my fiance have been trying for a baby for nearly 3years and never had any luck. I have PCOS which I have had since I was 18. Since last October I have lost 7st and 3lbs that's 101lbs in weight! And the last couple of weeks I have had what I thought were period symptoms. And as I have PCOS (although the last 2.5 years I've had a period every month) I don't always have my period on or around the same day each month. I could have it on the 1st of one month then the next on 15th! So I assumed I would be coming on very soon. But the symptoms

*sore/tender breasts
*nipples out!
*occassional lower back ache
*period type cramps
*mood swings
*feeling too hot

they have gone on for 2x weeks which i thought was odd and my partner said i may be pregnant half jokingly! So I said i doubt it (as we've never had any luck with even a pregnancy "scare") but decided to take a test. To my shock, it actually came back positive but I wasn't entirely convinced. So 5hrs later I took another from First Response and that is positive. I've since taken 3x more pregnancy tests which all come back clearly positive. Even took the Clear Blue Digital which said I conceived about 2-3weeks ago.

All of this is great but I just won't let myself believe that I am DEFINITELY pregnant. I can't believe it would happen like this as I always thought we would have to go through fertility treatments etc.

When I have looked up false positive pregnancy tests it does say they are very rare but they aren't impossible but is it likely that 5x tests would all come back positive? What could cause a false positive? Can PCOS cause a false positive reading? (I'm not currently taking anything for fertility) I read it could be blood or protein in the urine but what does that mean? I'm scared of getting my hopes up.

Any one else's thoughts/experiences are welcome please!?:shock:

xxxx

P.S. Sorry for the rant!:whistle:

If you've got more than one positive out of a bunch I would say its pretty much impossible for you to NOT be pregnant. Especially the CB digital.

id agree i reckon u are definitly pregnant

I have pcos and have never had a false positive. It is possible but sounds like with 5 tests it's deffo a pos! Congrats!

PCOS won't cause a false positive (the only thing that will cause a false positive is taking fertility medications that contain hcg) so congratulations!

Thank you all so so much! Think I'm starting to get my head around it. It's strange because we have been planning for a baby for years but the pregnancy has actually managed to catch us by surprise! We are about to move house in the next couple of weeks so I now need to somehow stay stress free! This is the first time I've ever been pregnant so I have no idea what to expect and I'm scared of doing something wrong and causing a mc especially knowing it's more likely with PCOS. These first 12 weeks are going to drag! Fingers crossed this baby is here to stay. Thank you all so much.xx

It is hard to do but try not to worry and enjoy it as much as possible. There really isn't anything you can do (other than not smoke, drink, take drugs etc) that will increase your chances of it being a successful pregnancy. My GP gave me higher dose folic acid as she said she gives it to all her higher risk pregnancies. As you say having pcos does slightly increase your chances of mc but there are lots and lots of pcos ladies out there who don't have problems and have children with no trouble. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back