False positive???

simmy89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I feel like I'm going a little bit crazy so hoping someone can offer some helpful advice! My partner and I have been planning on TTC later this year after our wedding. However last month had a bit of an accident where it could have been possible that I would conceive. This was on day 19 of my cycle, which can be between 26 and 32 days long, so I don't know whether or not I was fertile at the time. Anyhow, I am now on day 34 of this cycle. Still no period, so took a few HPTs over the weekend, which all came back positive, including a digital Clear Blue test which told me I was 1-2 weeks pregnant. Sounds straightforward so far, but I wondering if I am actually pregnant, as 3 days ago I attended a walk in clinic and found out I had a UTI with red and white blood cells in my urine. The infection wasn't the worst one I've ever had, and the blood was not visible to the naked eye (it hadn't turned the urine red or pink). I have read that red and white bloods cells in the urine can give false positives, so just don't know what to think! I finished a course of 3 days of antibiotics today and have just got another BFP now (see pic). I'm thinking that the red and white cells should have cleared up by now, meaning that the test could be the real deal, but just don't know! I have a GP appt on Wednesday so hopefully will know then! Anyone else had a similar experience????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 127
I don't think that's possible... you had BFPs before and have had BFPs after... so I think it's safe to say you are pregnant.

Ask your GP to call you back instead of waiting for an appointment. He can reassure you.

Same as what babylove said. It isnt possible, especially to get more than 1.

I agree, you are pregnant! UTIs are more common when you are pregnant though.

Just to update you- I am definitely pregnant! Although very early days (5+2 today) and I am feeling very anxious as my breast tenderness has gradually disappeared over the past week, convinced I'm going to miscarry :( have a midwife appointment next Monday, I just hope she can reassure me. Thanks ladies xxx

Symptoms come and go simmy. Don't stress about it. I had sore boobs then didn't for a few days then came back incredibly painful x

Thanks PeanutButter. I am feeling really low as have convinced myself baby has stopped developing due to the tender boobs gradually ebbing away. I did have some nausea and a bad head yesterday, I really hope the sore boobs are just fluctuating!

In my pregnancies I only had sore boobs in the 1st week or so after my BFP and then it went away until much later in pregnancy.

Simmy don't stress symptoms will come and go throughout pregnancy. Xxx

Yeah symptoms come and go, don't stress.

Congratulations on your pregnancy :) how far along will you be for your wedding?

Symptoms have definitely increased! Now 6+1, still anxious but not as much and going for early u/s tomorrow which I hope will be reassuring and show that everything is developing as it should be. Donna88 I will be 16+6 on the big day! Have already told the lady making my dress,she was lovely about it, told me to come back for a final fitting as close to the wedding as possible. Luckily my dress isn't very fitted and I doubt I will be that big by then. Thanks ladies and good luck to everyone with your pregnancies and TTC xxx

Symptoms have definitely increased! Now 6+1, still anxious but not as much and going for early u/s tomorrow which I hope will be reassuring and show that everything is developing as it should be. Donna88 I will be 16+6 on the big day! Have already told the lady making my dress,she was lovely about it, told me to come back for a final fitting as close to the wedding as possible. Luckily my dress isn't very fitted and I doubt I will be that big by then. Thanks ladies and good luck to everyone with your pregnancies and TTC xxx

Yeah I'm sure you'll be fine and they can do wonders with the dresses as well. How lovely that your little one will be with you on your big day in a small way

Congratulations again, so exciting for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back