false positive...sigh

eviesmummy04

Reaction score
After 2 negative clearblues, and a further weak positive on rapid self test (after 10 mins), I telephoned the pregnancy help line for rapidself test, and was told they all go positive after 15 minutes.....GREAT! I just wasted all that money buying tests because they didn't write that on the info leaflet....I feel really disappointed as i was sure i was pregnant (my nipples are incredibly sore) ho hum :cry:

hi there.

Did your AF arrive or are you still hoping it does show up?
Even my boobs are really sore specially the nipples.I am not due till 23rd-24th.could PG signs start showing this early in yr cycle.My cycle is of 24 days only

Hi

I bought several pregnancy tests. AF was due on the 17 May and i didnt get a faint positive until 24 May. I had incredibly sore breasts and slight sickness. Hope this helps.

xx

Hi

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Take care of yourself n also of the little one

Thanx.Keeping fingers crossed for myself and all those TTC.
Hope its my month.

Hi Davina,

just a query.When you say sore breasts what exactly do you mean-pains all the time or only on any kind of contact.my boobs have been aching for the past 2 days at the slightest touch.I am just 5 days past ovulation.

Can PG signs show up this early?

Hi honey

They hurt when they came into contact with anything. Especially the nipple area. I am rather large chested so that might be why they hurt at the slightest contact. but that was the strongest indication to be pregnant that i had at first. I have never suffered with tender breasts before for any reason other than being pregnant.

xx

keeping it all crossed for you.

xx

Mine are small (32C) and hurt like mad just like Davina's when I found out and before. Never had this before AF.

Thanx ladies,

U all are such a darling and so helpful.
Actually i was very confused as i didnt expect to get any sings this early.I'll have to wait for atleast 1 more week to do any tests as my AF is due on 24th.

Hi

Just you make sure you let us know. Fingers crossed for a positive. Sounds good though.

x

Hi, I posted my 'saga' on sunday...mini-pill, faint positive.... I had a light period on may 28th but since the i have had nipples that feel like they have been scrubbed with brillo-pads! Also feel very tearful, and have had abdominal discomfort. I was so sure i was pregnant despite the unlikeliness of pregnancy (one month on mini-pill, breastfeeding 16m old)... i would really like another baby but can't stand my painful periods thus the mini-pill, also not sure i can conceive whilst feeding (reg periods since 4 months post delivery).
Has anyone else had a false positive? Or got a faint positive after 10-15 mins?

hi yes i had two faint positives i must of done about 8 tests all together i was so confused i was going mad lol but im not pregnant but defo had test show positive people say u can have a false neg but not a false positive i have to disagree with that one now as my positves showed straight away then cause i never believed it i done another that was neg then another that was neg lol so i done another it was positive went to doctor in end she done bloods they where neg so i wasnt pregnant still wont know how or why those to positves can up ???? but it can happen go to ur gp

does all people get sore breasts...because i keep getting really bad stomach pains and feeling sick from time to time...also tired alot of the time but havn't had the symptom of sore breasts yet...how long before AF do you get this symptom if you are PG?

I didn't think you could get false positives until now! It seems false positives are unlikely within the time limit but not after that....the woman on the 'rapidtest' helpline said their tests tend to give a 2nd (positive) line after about 15 minutes; they really should say that on the leaflet shouldn't they?

My boobs are still huge and tender so i must be extra 'hormonal' this month :lol:
Nat, I don't think lack of sore boobs indicates no pregnancy, as all women have different symptoms, some women sail through early pregnancy with no symptoms and are as pregnant as the pucking ones with huge sore boobs!! :wink:

in response to that question about how quickly you feel sypmtoms. I started feeling very different just a week after I ovulated. I guessed straight away that I was pregnant, but my poor husband didn't really believe me.

The first sign was the much higher than normal temperatures and then the implantation spotting and then all hell broke loose with my symptoms, they just kept on coming.

I only really did the test for the hubby really, I was utterly convinced that I was pg, straight away.

:shock: to say we went into a state of shock was a bit of an understatement.

Hi Sarah

Was there any other early signs that u felt straight after O?

I am not monitoring my temperature.But this time after O i have been having pain in my boobs especially the nipple area.It hurts even to touch it.I did have some cramping sometime around and after ovulation.Also i am weeing a lot.But no dizziness and spotting till now.My AF is due on the 24th June.

Well

I got the spotting about 6 or 7 days after ovulation, and then I got sore nipples and nausea when I tried blow drying my hair, the next day, very wierd.

then about 10 days after ovulation i went to bed in the afternoon because i felt so tired and weepy. unusual for me and luckily it was a sunday. this has now become my sunday afternoon treat. :)

on day 11 after ovulation, i decided it was time to do the test as my boobs were much more sore than normal, I had felt nauseous in the car on the way to work and my period is normally on time and wasn't.

my temperatures were also through the roof. 37.3 instead of 35.9.

hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back