False positive after 1 hour?

possum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new on here... I am 1 day late and have done 3 tests. The first one showed a faint line after 10 mins which got darker after about an hour , the second didn't work and the third one which I did this morning showed a faint line after 10 mins and again went much darker when I checked it again after an hour. I have also been having a few symptoms - slight nausea, sore boobs and a funny taste in my mouth I 'm pretty such that I am pg but I just wondered why the test line had gone much darker over the hour (I know that you are supposed to throw the test away after the time that it says on the box)

I just wondered what all your experiences were?

The reason you are supposed to throw them away after 10mins is becuase it does eventually go darker.... some tests will only show up very feint if you are only 1 day late - ultra early tests are the best for getting a stonger line. I found boots own brand (exactly the same as the clearblue +/- tests) was the best normal test I'd found - although the first I used was an ultra early mid stream from www.simplyfertility.com. This showed up clear as anything 2 days after missed period.

I would buy another test (or 2) and test again tomorrow or if you can wait... a few days time (I never could though!).

Good luck and baby dust to you :D xxx

Hi that has happened to me too only yesterday, i have had 3 tests that have read positive after the time stated and also have pregnacy symptoms too fingers crossed for us both.
Lots of baby dust

Mine were very faint after 10 mins, then went much darker after. When i'd done one a month before and got a negative there was never a line, not even after an hour.

Test again 2mos, are you TTC or not??

Which brand are you using?
I got a false poisitve last month on an ebay cheapie...but it was like 2 hours later and barely there.
Only thing you can do is test again...I know its frustrating :( :hug:

I just realised this post is from 2005....is that right?? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back