False BFP?

CJ_82

Reaction score
Has anyone had a false positive test?

It's day 59 (WTF, AF?) and so I did a test to double check (did two 2 weeks or so ago). A second line appeared but not as strong as the test, but dark enough to make me pause.

I did another test right after and zilch on the way of a second line.

Not got any left to test now.

I am going with false positive as it would be a long shot! Just wondered if anyone had his before?

Last edited:
Did you use the same wee sample if not then it's likely why it was negative. It's very rare to have a false positive xxx

I didn't take a pic before I binned them.

I googled causes and I think I may have left the first one too long; I had to run downstairs to take a phone call and it was probably way over the time it said to wait.

I did another wee for second test and did the test as soon as I checked the other one, so were within an hour of each other. I popped out to get another pack of tests so will do one in morning.

We weren't trying in Jan (used other things, but they don't always work as my in-laws found out with their youngest!) as we were going on holiday and I had no positive OPKs when I was testing anyway. I literally tested again because no sign of AF and I had a couple of cheapo tests - I wondered if the tests were naff as cost barely anything compared to the Clear Blue types.

Maybe I'll be happily surprised tomorrow. Time will tell I suppose! Thanks X

Last edited:
Based on the fact everywhere says a false positive is rare, I let myself get a little excited and was awake for ages when I got to bed.

But alas, a test first thing was negative. Oh well!

Day 60, AF. Have a word, eh?

Last edited:
If you did the second one with another wee then your wee will have not been diluted enough which could explain a neg. I'd suggest to either get a strong dark wee so not much fluids and holding your wee in for a bit then testing. If you drink much through the night and go pee then it's not necessarily stronger in the morning. It's about the strength of the pee how well the line is going to pick up. Line should be stronger every 48hours.

Definitely not pregnant. Did a test each morning for a few days. I don't drink through the night so the best pee I could use.

Seen doctor this week and he said it's likely that it was left too long.

Still no AF though :-(

Getting bloods done when my next period finally starts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back