Fake wine :)

Jojo84

Reaction score
I'm drinking red grape juice out of a wineglass... It's working and I feel like I'm drinking wine (even though it tastes like ribena lol)
I intend to freak hubby out tonight by sipping it when he gets in from work lol

Last edited:
Good plan! I found that if I drink just tonic water in a nice glass with some fresh line and ice I feel like I'm having a gin and tonic! X

Hahaha! I might do this lol xxx

Lol, love it! I can't wait til xmas when I can finally have a cheeky glass of real wine :D x

I had alcohol free cider the other day which was nice

The best wine alternative is from Asda its called sparkling muscat and comes with a cork top even. Tastes as close to martini asti wine as a non alcohol one could. I have found York punch to be similar to red wine but u can only buy it online or at Christmas markets its also alcohol free and then kopperburg alcohol free cider tastes the same to me. X I really miss real wine tho lol

I don't miss it a lot but I kinda miss the wind Down time. I'm not bothered enough to buy a wine replacement lol

Ooohh Jojo, Asda do a Sangria juice in the fridges and it tastes like Sangria! (Well it seems like it anyway because I have had sangria in aaagggesss)

Oh I'm not a sangria fan actually

My friend introduced me to tinto ( wine and lemonade they sell in spain by tap) so lovely! Gotta wait till next year to sample it again haha!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

What can I order in the pub on my holidays as a alcohol substitute?

I'm glad I'm quite happy just drinking juice and stuff

I'm not a big drinker and never drank in the week - only thing we are missing at the moment is not going on holiday :(

Virgin cocktails?

I like ginger ale

What can I order in the pub on my holidays as a alcohol substitute?

If you like beer Becks do an alcohol free version. Also kopperburg alcohol free is also in some pubs. I'd prob go for juice though some places do mocktails or apple/grapetizer in a wine glass?

I had a glass of Elderflower juice stuff last week at the MIL's, but drank it in a wine glass so I could pretend it was real stuff!

It didn't work!

A really lush non alcoholic summer drink is:

Bottle green cordial: pomegranate and elderflower
Still cloudy lemonade
Lots of ice

It's lush!! And the way the ingredients mix/don't mix make it look like a fancy cocktail!

I've given up on pretendy alcohol, it's just not the same. The only thing I've missed this pregnancy is a nice glass of wine or a cold pint of larger mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm if I'm not breast feeding I might get my oh to drop into the pub and gt me a carry out pint haha

I've been drinking Becks Blue....I think its quite like the real thing, and apparently is quite healthy, as it doesn't have all the additives and sugars that a lot of soft drinks do. I like it so much, I think I may carry on with it after pregnancy in the name of liver preservation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back