Fairies for boys?!

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Elliellie, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Elliellie

Elliellie Well-Known Member

So, I've just won a book in a competition I entered ages ago, before Isaac was born - amazing as I never win anything so was delighted!! Anyway the book is called 'My Very Twinkly Fairy', ok so it's a bit girlie but I would give it to Isaac anyway. I told my OH & he thinks we should give it away as way too girlie for our little boy! Just thought I'd see what you all think?? Is it ok for a little boy to have a girlie book?!

2. MrsR

MrsR Well-Known Member

Yes quite frankly. A book is a book! Sebastian has free reign on every children's book in our house and in fact all the toys too including DD's Barbies and dolls and prams.

3. vickib_1984

vickib_1984 Well-Known Member

A books a book lol my boy had a dolly and a pram when he was 2 and use to want to push it up town so we let him it's the way they develop tell your hubby to get in touch with his female intuition lol xx

4. beanster

beanster Well-Known Member

Yes give it to him. Books and reading are treasures and nothing wrong with boys reading about fairies, bet the pictures are lovely for babies to look at. I feel the same about toys too, any toy that encourages role play and imagination are suitable for girls and boys.

5. Jaxx01

Jaxx01 Well-Known Member

Yes absolutely!!! I entered my boy in a competition where the kids dress up in fairyland lol His dad was sooo not impressed lol but it was really cute Ill find the pic and show you lol...a book is a book like MrsR said :) I dont think it matters...x

6. Elfs Mummy

Elfs Mummy Well-Known Member

Awww he'll love it :) its a book M plays with cars and also dolls I would never stop her :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

7. Elliellie

Elliellie Well-Known Member

Thanks you, I've told my OH that there is total agreement that fairies are fine! He's agreed to keep it but plans to balance it out with plenty of books about trains & diggers! I'm looking forward to reading the fairy book, it makes noises and everything!