Fainting - Normal?

x_PlaceboDanii

Reaction score
I was having a great pregnancy until this afternoon!, i have passed out in the past and it doesn't really bother me, but now i have a baby in my stomach it worries me a whole lot more.

I was standing with my fiance at the back door, we share a fag sometimes. (Ive cut right down as i used to smoke like a chimdey before i was pregnant), so we went halves, he finished his and went back to bed because he was taking his mother to the hospital later on and he was tired. So i carried on smoking and once id finished i began to feel really sick, ive no idea what brought it on so suddenly as i felt fine before hand.

When i went into the kitchen to get a drink the nausea got worse, so i grabbed a drink of water and took a few swigs, my vision was pretty weird at the time. And once i poured that away, i must of fainted...I have no idea how long i was out for but i just thought i was sleeping

I woke up on the kitchen floor, luckily I had boxes behind me so i had a fairly soft landing, i landed on my back instead of on my belly..Thank heavens for small mercies!.

So is fainting normal at almost 20 weeks of pregnancy? :(

I don't think any fainting is considered 'normal'. I'd recommend ringing your MW & tell her about it.
Not to scare you, but just in case it happens again and you fall in a more dangerous way and nobody is around to help you.

Last edited:
fainting probably isnt in itself, but developing anemia in pregnancy is quite common.

my mum had it with me, and randomly fainted, i have quite a bad case, and am on ferrous sulphate, iron supplement.

i think after a fag as well, which will make you dizzy if you havnt had one in a while anyway, doesnt help!

id ring MW, she might recommend blood tests.
xx

If you,ve been on your feet for a while, or get up suddenly, it can make you feel faint, and occasionaly faint, I,ve been told that as long as it doesn't happen too often then it,s just part of being preg and there's no risk to baby unless you fall heavily on your stomach. But I,d speak to your midwife coz as Rachel says, you don,t want to be fainting when no-ones around to help, esp as you don,t you don,t know how long you were out.

Hope your ok... I had symptoms like that when i was smoking a few days before i found out i was pregnant thats what made me do the test...
Defo tell the midwife x

Hope your ok... I had symptoms like that when i was smoking a few days before i found out i was pregnant thats what made me do the test...
Defo tell the midwife x

fainting probably isnt in itself, but developing anemia in pregnancy is quite common.

my mum had it with me, and randomly fainted, i have quite a bad case, and am on ferrous sulphate, iron supplement.

i think after a fag as well, which will make you dizzy if you havnt had one in a while anyway, doesnt help!

id ring MW, she might recommend blood tests.
xx

Thanks everyone :). Well im going to see if it happens again and if it does then im definitely phoning midwife :)

Ive pretty much smoked throughout my whole pregnancy but just managing to get it down to a reasonable amount for the time being before stopping altogether! :D

I would just say it was major headrush or the fact that i got out of bed too fast:lol:

You will be ok, Make sure yu eat and drink enough, don't stand for long periods of time and while standing don't stay still in a position ake sure you move your legs or walk around.also once ou feel the sickness or blures vision coming sit down or better ay down with your feet above head level if possible. Fainting in pregnancy is due to haemodynamic changes and low blood pressure ad it's usually nth to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back