Fainted at work today...

littlekoala

Reaction score
Well today was fun. I'm 14 weeks and still getting on and off sickness. Today was a bad day; sick quite a lot and had to drag myself to work. I wasn't there long! I have had some dizzy spells quite randomly over the past month. About half an hour after I started work I felt another one come on. Unfortunately it was quite a bad one, and I actually fainted. One minute I was serving a customer, the next I was on the floor with my colleague looking after me with customers looking concerned. Apparantly I almost cracked my head on the side if he hadn't caught me in time. I don't remember so I presume I blacked out. I was very embarrassed but luckily everyone understood. I got sent home afterwards. My midwife is coming round to double check my blood pressure tomorrow. It could've been my blood sugar due to being sick too. Needless to say it wasn't the best day! Xx

Poor you. Hints will hopefully settle down soon. Make sure you are eating and drinking enough x

I don't know what it's called in the UK but here it's 'dextro energy', white sugary tablets. I always keep a pack of them in my purse and when I feel the slightest bit faint I take one. During my first pregnancy I fainted several times and learned this helps. It does get better when you're further in pregnancy.

Oh no I hope you're feeling better now. I did the same on Monday in the body shop and it was my blood sugar. Paramedics said to make sure I eat every two hours and keep something sugary on me. Xx

You poor thing! Hope your feeling better, rest up and try and sip some lucozade if you can keep it down, the sickness does pass eventually xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back