Faint opk then nothing

Melanie3103

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was getting next to nothing on OPKs in fact I was convinced I wasnt ovulating this month at all - then I got a good line on an opk tuesday at noon (not quite as dark as control line so its still negative, but a strong line nevertheless) then yesterday AM a really faint line, then yesterday afternoon nothing. I expected a positive the morning after.

Do u think I missed it ? I am wondering if i ovulated tuesday evening perhaps ? So had I repeated opk it wouldve been positive ? I've read that sometimes the ovulation surge can be short.

If that WAS my surge would you estimate/record that I ovulated tues (sometime after noon but before next morning at 9am when test was fainter) ?

Thoughts ?

Xx

Yeah that sounds about right. Or could it have been Monday night? Fx for you! X

Sorry me again...

So if i did record as tuesday evening - thats just my 'surge' right? I could ovulate between 12-24 hrs AFTER that surge right?

So 1dpo would be wednesday or today (thursday) ?

We've both been unwell, so not DTD as much as usual... :-(

We DTD saturday night and last night (wednesday night)... So i'm not sure if we will have caught it... :-(

A similar thing happened to me last month... got darker lines (not positive) until the Thurs evening and then very feint to nothing on the Friday morning, so definitely missed the surge... I therefore took Friday as ovulation day (also had some Ov pains I think) and my period arrived on cd28, so think that works out about right.

If you ovulated on Weds I'd say the chances are quite good if you dtd on Weds night! Fingers crossed for you!

Last edited:
Fx to you!
I had similar OPKs to you and thought I missed it but ended up being way stronger later in my cycle. So I'd just keep Dtd but also keep testing? Or maybe use other means of testing - temps, cm etc

I was much 'wetter' tuesday all day - which made me wonder - in fact thats what lead me to test with an opk. As i thought i wasnt going to ovulate this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back