Factor V Leiden Heterozygous

sarah120281

Reaction score
Hi I had three miscarriages last year and wanting to try again is there anyone on here who has the condition I found out after the miscarriages I had this I have no issues getting pregnant it's just I'm worried about the implications of been pregnant I have one child so I know I am capable I just want to see if anyone has any positive stories they can share with me to give me the confidence of trying again thank u

Sarah, I too have had 4 miscarriages and an ectopic and have factor V leiden (hetero). I am now 21 weeks pregnant, this time the consultant has me on heparin injections and asprin - I feel like a pin cushion but it looks like i'm finally getting my baby. it is one of the more easily treated causes of mc.

This is great news, can I ask did u start heparin before u got pregnant? And did you have heparin with any other miscarriages. It worries me because I worry something will happen to me or the baby. Can I ask have u had a blood clot, I haven't but I always worry if I have leg pains it's a blood clot. X

this is the first pregnancy they have treated me for - I've was on asprin from my bfp and had an early scan and once they confirm baby is in the right place then I started heparin. I've never had any clots or anything either

Aww I'm glad to hear it, me and hubby still in talks about trying again. Hopefully he will I think the trauma of my last miscarriage holds a lot as I was so ill and lost consciousness at home while our daughter was asleep in the other room. I think it caused us a lot of trauma as I couldn't stop bleeding cx

it is so scary, luckily I didn't have anything as tramatic with my mc's but know that after so many losses ttc again was so much harder and even with this pregnancy I started grieving it as soon as I fell pregnant and its only really been recently that I've allowed myself to believe that i'm having a baby.

you need to do what is right for you and your family and only you and your hubby will know what they is - but they say each mc is different (and mine where all different) so may be if you did mc it won't be as tramatic, but with treatment the risk of mc decreases.

Hi I have factor v Leiden (hetero). Found out when I was 22 weeks pregnant (age 33 and had no idea I had it). I started on daily clexane injections right away until 6 weeks post partum. I had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth to my son at 38+6 he was 7lb3. That was 3 years ago. I haven't ttc since.

I've never had a mc but it did take almost 3 years to fall pregnant and we almost needed fertility treatment. Thankfully and amazingly it happened naturally 2 weeks before our first IUI appointment.

I asked the consultant at the hospital if the factor v Leiden was the reason it took ages to conceive and he said no it's just one of those things. He also said there's no increased risk in mc. Hoping this is true but I didn't ask any more questions.

Sorry for your losses and hope you have the confidence to try again. Sending lots of luck your way xxx

Thank u so much, i did hope that after my miscarriages i would accept just having one child but the need to be a mother again is growing. I notice every pregnant women and every time I hold a new born I feel like this won't be me ever again I adore my daughter she is perfect but I just want another perfect one to be her brother or sister to my little family to be complete. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back