Factor V Leiden Heterozygous

sarah120281

Reaction score
Hey all,

Haven't been on for sometime, I had three miscarriages last year. One of them been a missed miscarriage which caused a lot of blood loss and rendered me unconscious so I haven't tried since then. I have an almost 3 year old beautiful daughter and I want another after th tradgedy last year I said I didn't want anymore and after tests in January I revealed I had a blood clotting disorder which could have caused my losses. I am having discussions with my husband to try again as I now know I have to have blood thinning meds which should hopefully let me have a healthy baby. Does any one have this or know anyone that does that I can talk to as I know the risks of trying again and I am worried about them. TIA Sarah X

Hi Hun that's great you have some answers to your heartache and I pray it gives you your rainbow! I have been told I have two things that are low in my clotting profile, one of them prothrombin and the nurse mentioned aspirin but I am yet to speak to the consultant so I still don't really know what this means! What was abnormal on your results?

Lou X

The factor V Leiden was the only thing that showed up. But I have had a baby she is almost 3, it was after that I had the miscarriages. I am also A negative which puts me at risk too. It's all so complicated. I have heard of the condition u have I think it is similar to mine xx

I have factor v Leiden and have two beautiful children aged 2 and 2 weeks. I had an early miscarriage back in 2013. Following that in my subsequent pregnancies I took low dose aspirin from the day of my bfp onwards until 36 weeks to thin the blood and had two successful pregnancies. I also had extra growth scans to check placenta function. Factor V Leiden is actually very common in the general population and many women go on to have normal pregnancies. My consultant was happy for me to take aspirin followed by clexane injections after the birth. My cousin has the condition too and she had injections throughout her pregnancy. I'm sorry you have miscarried but please don't give up hope. Certainly try low dose aspirin in the first instance.

My grandmother and auntie had this condition.
My grandmother, not knowing about it even, had 6 healthy babies.
There is hope ladies! Xxxx

Yes I shall thank u, I am still discussing it with my hubby he is unsure yet, my depo runs out in two weeks so I need to know soon, I think financially it'll be a struggle but im sure that's the case for most families.

Really 6 pregnancies that does give me hope. I also have A- blood which is another concern

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back