Facing my fears!

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
I did it, I bought the high chair and put it up today

I'm going to start solids tomorrow

After much research and going back and forth I've decided to do TW

This is based on needing to get high cal foods into Aaron so we need to skip the playing with foods stage

So for the next couple of weeks we are going to practice with the spoon. I've got some baby porridge and baby rice in ... And whilst not nutritious it's something textured to try him with.

I'm soooo scared!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

You'll love it once he gets the hang of it and starts to enjoy the different flavours & textures!! Weaning is so much fun :)

I TW'd Jack and will do the same with Harry (it's what i'm used to doing for work) and loved seeing his little face when I introduced new flavours!!

Good luck hun! :) xx

You'll love it, i was so scared but we are in our 3rd week now and I love seeing him enjoying the food. I'm tw too xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm TW too but introduced finger foods alongside as we've gone along and it's been great x

Good luck, we tw and now h will eat anything and feeds himself better than friends babies that did blw!
Xxx

I was sooooo terrified of weaning! No idea why!

I'm loving it now. Its so much fun to give him all these new foods.

I'm doing tw but giving finger foods too.

XX

I plan on introducing finger food once he gets the hang of holding things x

Tapatalk madness!

As I'm clueless and I'm tw. Is 5 months too early to introduce finger foods? Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No not atall Tiaflame, as long as you stick with fruit/veg sticks he will be fine, bits of broccoli are good! then when he gets to 6 months he will be well practised and ready to munch on anything x

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361132415.267326.jpg

Tapatalk madness!

Good luck! We've started TW this week. Seb wouldn't eat baby rice, but puree banana is going down a treat for breakfast and we're going to try some veg at dinner time next week!

Cameron likes brussel sprouts! I'm quite suprised as i thought brussels were historically hated by all children! :) He just squished up his broccoli and spread it everywhere, took one bite of his carrot but was going for it with his brussels!

Tweety, you could still put finger foods on Aarons tray. Even if he can't pick it up and bring it to his mouth yet, he'll be able to look at it and smell it and squish it if he wants to. He looks so cute in his highchair :love:

XX

I had to make sure my lo ate plenty so tw at first but offered finger foods as well might be worth doing both my lo started piling on the pounds he went from my skinny Minnie to chunky monkey in no time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361133932.440662.jpg

Feed me mum!

Tapatalk madness!

No not atall Tiaflame, as long as you stick with fruit/veg sticks he will be fine, bits of broccoli are good! then when he gets to 6 months he will be well practised and ready to munch on anything x

Oh that's great thank you. I'm a bit scared by that lol. He was holding an chomping down on a bickiepeg earlier and he could guide it to his own mouth!! Eek scary!! Xx

Sorry how soft/ hard do you steam them? I'm scared of him choking! That's a real big fear of mine xx

Sorry how soft/ hard do you steam them? I'm scared of him choking! That's a real big fear of mine xx

Quite soft but not so soft that it falls apart! I still worry about choking, Harry will gag every so often but they get quite good at breaking the food down and he's always ok! You really have to sit on your hands to begin with though as its tempting to intervene! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back