Facebook and other social sites...

Lulabell

Reaction score
Anyone else thought about who can see your pics when you upload them on Facebook? I decided to have a massive clear out as I don't want just any Tom, dick or Harry looking at my child. Also, I feel a bit protective when it comes to others posting pics of my child on their Facebook pages.

Am I being silly?xx

Everyone's got different views on this I think. My mum's dead against it. I'm planning on having a clear out as well, cos I'm have friends i play games with. I've heard some people set up "baby accounts" so that child's photos have their own account that very few people get to friend, with higher security.

I kinda have a view that a photo is just a photo - you can't physically hurt a child unless u physically meet the child. But DH isn't overly keen on photos on fb, so I can see us having some discussions.

Xxx

I have high security settings and will only allow a select few to see LO pics. Xxx

They've introduced a new acquaintance setting as well, so that should help.

Im just keeping baby photos off Facebook mainly and only adding the occasional one. I've already had quite a big clear out of people I'm not happy with knowing my business.

i have photos of my kids on facebook but they are only accesible to friends, you can put friends into categories like close friends/gaming friends o you can exclude certain people from seeing your photos x

I think as long as you have the right privacy settings its ok. Some people you can see everything on! Having said that, I might change what some friends can see. X

Honestly I got sick of my partners mum handing photos out to her entire family of my son, I got sick of oh I want more photos to send off to france, and all over for her aunties and uncles as she is an only child.

But I have just gave up with her, as photos are not him are they I have him to enjoy and cuddle :)

But I understand but I do have randoms for games and they can see my pictures of me and my son and partner and whatever else I download. I'm not that bothered anymore.

I'm pretty choosy about what I load up. What really gets my goats is other people putting up pictures of me and tagging me, really unflattering ones!

So I can imagine I am going to have to have words with everyone who takes a photo of LO and say "Dont put it on facebook!"

My FB is fairly strict anyway so I'm happy enough with the friends I have to see the pics of Cam - if I didn't want them looking at pics then I wouldn't have them as friends x

OH for Gods Sake! This is what I mean - my sister has just loaded up a picture of me and her and my massive 'bump'.

How do I get it removed? I cant without offending her. Do I just refuse to appear in any pictures ever again?

I agree Princess that I am happy for my friends to see the pics I post, but not all her friends and everyone else who might have a camera in the vacinity of my child

Can you not just tell her you really dont like the pic and ask her to take it down. xxx

Yeah if people tag dodgy pics I pm them and tell them to sort it lol!! I doubt it would cause offence, my friends all know how vain I am :lol:

I've deleted so many people off of facebook recently.

I thought I recognised someone from school who was on my fb waiting in the waiting room where I work. If she didn't have such a dodgy haircut I wouldn't recognise her.

I suddenly realised I had no desire to talk to this person whatsoever, I didn't even want to say hello, luckily she wasn't my patient. Nothing wrong with her, just not enough of a friend for me to invite to my house then, so why would I let her look at my house, friends, family etc now??

I'm moving on to the uni people next some have stayed in touch some are just stuck on my fb for no reason other than to snoop and be show offs.

My baby pics will only be for my friends list only unless it's my profile pic then that can't be helped.

Last edited:
I've never been very comfortable with facebook and similar so I totally get your concerns. Unfortunately I think it is something our LOs will have to become very savvy about at quite a young age so I guess using it responsibly and showing them when they are old enough what pictures you do and don't put up (no naked ones for example) and how you control who sees them may be a good lesson for them to learn from their parents example.

That's something I don't understand. Why do people put bath pics of their babies on fb?

Personally I think that most of the baby pics I take belong in an old style proper album :)

I've deleted so many people off my facebook, think around the same time as you did, but don't think I will mind the people I have on there now seeing, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back