Extreme exhaustion suddenly?

Laura1992

Reaction score
Energy levels have been pretty low throughout pregnancy, but I feel like I've gone back to first trimester levels of exhaustion again. The last three days, I've only moved from bed for hospital appointments. I sleep on and off all day and never have energy to be awake for more than a few hours at a time. No appetite at all.

I am meeting my friend at a cafe down the road tomorrow and I am actually slightly dreading it because I have no idea how I'll manage it. I'm back on the iron pills, hopefully it helps. I'm too tired to even watch TV.

Anyone else? Hoping it's normal.

Last edited:
Hopefully the iron pills help! I was like this last week. And she had a big growth spurt xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I've been having to really push myself to do stuff I'm knackered just cooking meals for my boys n the general daily stuff food shopping is becoming a NIGHTmare I do a couple of aisles &I feel so drained. My iron levels are stil low even tho I've been on iron for a couple of months now. Was hoping it'd be higher with me been booked in for section Tuesday. I think it's normal to feel so tired tho our bodies been through a lot over the past 9months x

I couldn't cook or food shop lol! I don't know how you ladies with other children do it lol!! Xx

It's just a matter of having to do it tbh, if a didn't need to a wouldn't lol. My Hubby as been helping with stuff tho bless him he's been really good with me lately. C

Aww bless him glad he's been helping you a lot! Xx

Energy levels have been pretty low throughout pregnancy, but I feel like I've gone back to first trimester levels of exhaustion again. The last three days, I've only moved from bed for hospital appointments. I sleep on and off all day and never have energy to be awake for more than a few hours at a time. No appetite at all.

I am meeting my friend at a cafe down the road tomorrow and I am actually slightly dreading it because I have no idea how I'll manage it. I'm back on the iron pills, hopefully it helps. I'm too tired to even watch TV.

Anyone else? Hoping it's normal.

Yes! That's me exactly! It feels like first trimester with the exhaustion. When I went out for my birthday gathering the other day, even though I was off from work and slept good the night before, I was exhausted and tired heading out. Yesterday I tried to do some shopping at Walmart, and I don't know what it was, but with all of the people there the store was full of Christmas shoppers, and the store being so big and huge, I could only get a few things. I was so exhausted, could hardly walk, my back was hurting then I started to feel weak and light headed, and I started to get hot again like I did one time last week when I had the AC turned on low wondering why it wasn't cooling things off and OH said he was freezing. So I left, I didn't want to faint. Once I was away from all of the people I felt much better and cooler. Crowds didn't used to bother me but this time it was just too much, too many people. All the noise and sights and smells, it was just overwhelming.
But yes I definitely do feel more tired these days. I barely had the energy to play pool the other day and that's takes like zero effort. I can tell I'm getting closer and closer to showtime. :) I felt exhausted in first trimester, but I never felt like I might faint. So this is worse. I think I feel hot like that when I'm about to faint. Wew! Almost there 6 more weeks to go. :) I think I've got to tke it easy and stay home as much as possible these last few weeks.

Last edited:
I'm with you babe.. feel like crying today i'm so overwhelmed! I'm the glue of our little family and if I didn't do everything, nothing would get done. I love my partner but he is useless around the house and apart from going to work every day (which he loves) he does nothing. I mean nothing! I have 2 commissions to finish this week, Poppy has 2 fancy dress days at school this week, I still have presents to buy for Christmas and they all need wrapping. I need to clean the car this week, guinea pigs need clearing out again, top that with the daily laundry, food shopping/cooking, picking up and cleaning after them both.. Ironing uniforms/shirts/getting them off to school/work.. Quality of sleep is awful, I just feel like crud tonight :( So nearly over for you though sweet you're so close! xx

Aww Kate that is a lot to tackle on your own :( surely Hubby should be offering to do more for you with how your feeling bless you. I am really glad Iv got 2days left even tho il be tired from night feeds it's a different kind of tired ain't it. When are you due Kate? X

Hopefully the iron pills help! I was like this last week. And she had a big growth spurt xx

Yeah I think I am too because my belly is getting bigger by the day now. :)

I've been having to really push myself to do stuff I'm knackered just cooking meals for my boys n the general daily stuff food shopping is becoming a NIGHTmare I do a couple of aisles &I feel so drained. My iron levels are stil low even tho I've been on iron for a couple of months now. Was hoping it'd be higher with me been booked in for section Tuesday. I think it's normal to feel so tired tho our bodies been through a lot over the past 9months x

Yes shopping now is a nightmare! I can only do a couple of isles too and that's it. There was still alot of stuff on my list but I had to leave without it. I only got like 1/3 of the list. LOL. I'm gonna have to utilize online grocery shopping from now on. Thank goodness they offer that. I could send OH but you know men, they never get the right thing. LOL! :lol: I can say bring a gallon of milk, and if they have peanut butter, bring 2. And he'll bring 2 gallons of milk because they had peanut butter! LOL Instead of bringing 2 peanut butters LOL :lol:

Last edited:
I'm with you babe.. feel like crying today i'm so overwhelmed! I'm the glue of our little family and if I didn't do everything, nothing would get done. I love my partner but he is useless around the house and apart from going to work every day (which he loves) he does nothing. I mean nothing! I have 2 commissions to finish this week, Poppy has 2 fancy dress days at school this week, I still have presents to buy for Christmas and they all need wrapping. I need to clean the car this week, guinea pigs need clearing out again, top that with the daily laundry, food shopping/cooking, picking up and cleaning after them both.. Ironing uniforms/shirts/getting them off to school/work.. Quality of sleep is awful, I just feel like crud tonight :( So nearly over for you though sweet you're so close! xx

Wow you poor thing Kate! :( You try to take it easy.

Yikes Kate!!! Thats so much to do :(

Kate, you're superwoman. Can you crack the whip and get OH to help a bit more? Mine means well, but he's useless with housework so it's a bit frustrating not being able to just do things myself, but I've just had to ask him to pick up the slack because I can't physically manage it. And you've got little Poppy to look after too! Get her on laundry duty :lol:

Ahh thank you guys - I think he's just so used to me being on top of everything, he doesn't have that intuition that kicks in when something needs doing.. I try to ask him to do things (even putting dirty clothes in the laundry basket helps!) but he can't seem to manage even that :lol: Due 29th Jan Ikkle so going to be getting even bigger!! Once my work is done and i'm just having to do house stuff I think i'll feel much better, just hate working to deadlines.. I just get called a nag if I ask for help!

Kate, sounds similar to my OH and I end up having to remind (he'd say nag) a lot lol. Drives me mad and him I expect, but honestly, he barely gets his boxers on the right way around unless I point it out to him :wall2: :lol:

Hahaha they sound very similar Laura!! I literally follow him round sorting out what he's just messed up.. I seem to remember you mentioning post shower swamps? Mine does that too - he's so tall the water flies over the shower screen and all over the floor! Bless them.. wonderfully clueless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back