'Extra' tooth

ZMD

Reaction score
Tegan had been really unsettled/not sleeping or eating properly put it down to teething so monday night i thought id look in her mouth to see what's going on (she already has 4 top & bottom front teeth, 4 first molars & 1 top canine) i looked and between her central incisor & right incisor i noticed a tooth coming down sideways in a little gap.
took her to gp then dentist & she's now got an appointment next monday at pediatric dentist at for xrays. they mentioned removing it under a general anesthetic.
just wondered if anyones got any experience?
sorry its so long! x

No experience hon but sending you :hugs: xx hope she's ok x

She's ok Hun just grumpy & im stressed/worried!
heres a Pic can you see it? x

Attachments

• Extra tooth.jpg
    Extra tooth.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 24
Oh no! poor Tegan bless her, must be really really uncomfortable and painful for her. getting it removed quickly is defo the best thing, but can understand why you're worried.

I have no experience, but my bff had loads of extra teeth when she was a kid and had to have them all cut out of her gums, it wasn't a nice experience for her, but I can't remember exactly what they diid.

She's away til Friday but when I see her I'll try n remember to ask her what happened and how they removed them all etc and the recovery time etc

xxxxx

Yeah I can def see it! Bless her!!! DD really struggles with her teeth-her adult ones are growing before her baby ones are falling out but no suggestion of removing them for her. She's much older than Tegan though x

They did say they wouldn't bother removing it if it wasn't causing discomfort or affecting her other teeth (which it is as its pushing one out of the way to make space)
your poor dd, must be painfull for her! im shocked they haven't removed the baby teeth for her xx

It doesn't bother her tbh but sometimes it upsets her as her adult teeth are forcing her baby teeth poke out at odd angles do she's self-conscious :(

Aww bless her i hope her teeth sort themselves out soon.

ps thanks to you both for replying! Xx

Well after a very restless night with my poor baby in pain i decided to call & see if they can see her any sooner, no just advised Calpol 4 times a day & Nurofen 3 times a day. its really upsetting her! x

That's awful! It must be so painful for her!

Hey chick,
OH bless her.....
But I did have an extra tooth at the front bottom. It was an incisor next to my canine (so i had 5 incisors at the bottom). When my milk teeth came through it came through as a double tooth. And when my adult teeth came through it came through as an extra tooth. I had really goofy teeth and had to have a brace etc So they did remove it along with four of my back teeth to make space in my mouth. But if my teeth weren't so goofy i don't think they would have removed it xxxx

poor Tegan, hope you get it sorted soon hon :( not what you all need and hope she's not in too much pain xx

Thanks for the replies girls! i really hope they do something asap as she's in agony, constantly crying, shoving hands in mouth & not eating! can't be nice where its coming through xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back