Expressing

lucylou

Reaction score
Hi All

How long does it take everyone to express a bottle of milk.

Charlie is 7 weeks old and is breastfed during the day and his last feed we give him formula as he lasts for longer on this. When he wakes up during the night I give him a bottle of expressed milk which I do just before we go to bed but it takes me about 40 mins to get 5oz's and I really struggle getting this amount!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I took ages and only expressed 3 oz, which she only drank 2oz of. I could have cried, that last oz took me ages!!!

I have days when it takes me 10 minutes to express 4 oz and some days it will yake me 50 minutes to express 2!!!!

It takes me about 5-10 minutes to get about 3 oz, then my flow reduces to a dribble.

The more you express the faster it gets apparently!!!

Am thinking about getting an electric expresser, can anyone recommend a model or tell me about their experiences using one?

Hi Beanie.

I have an 'Ameda Lacteline' for in the house. Not had it long but its a double pump and seems to work really well. It was highly recommended, plus the motor doesnt run out like many others.

For when Im out and about I have a 'Medela' pump. This can be mains or battery operated.

My partner did several weeks of research into them as we need to increase my flow and he is very much a perfectionist :? :D

Look on ebay for some bargains!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back