Experiences of Castor oil please second pregnancy.

b1ondie89

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Please no judging... with my first baby (3.5 years ago) I took castor oil before she was due. I took it approx 11 days before she was due. I believe it says to take a certain amount of tablespoonfuls and have with orange juice etc, I had 1-2 teaspoons. I had not read up on the side effect or anything (my own stupid fault as I didn't realise it can harm the baby).
Anyway, didn't get all the bad toilet issues i've since read about because i don't think i took enough maybe, however my waters did break 10 days before she was due on the wednesday night which was the following evening(I believe it was hind waters as it was only a trickle).

I was due to be induced on the sunday morning at 6am on a drip (yes i know this is quite a long time from waters breaking... and the maternity ward did go into special measures the following week!). They put something in me to soften me up on the satuday evening and it started full blown labour and my little girl was here quite quickly and arrived before my induce time on the Sunday - 6 days early.

I do not plan to take castor oil again. I am currenytly 24+5. I wanted to know any experiences of those who had taken castor oil with their first and didn't with their second? Is it likely this one will come early?

From doing research it seems is the first is early the second usually is however this is a bit of a difference situation as I took castor oil with the first.

So long story short, likehood of second one now coming early (without castor!!) X

I don't think you're likely to go early just because you took castor oil the first time around. All pregnancies are different. I took raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose aggressively in first pregnancy as I was being induced early so needed cervix to be ripe, there's no saying I'll go into labour early because I took those supplements in last pregnancy. X

I took castor oil with my first when she was 4 days over. It was so, so horrible and I regretted it so much cause it gave me a raging hemorrhoid and made me vomit and have the worst diarrhea of my life all day. However, my water did break the next night and she was born the day after that-- so 2 days after the castor oil.

With my second, I did not take castor oil (I never will again). He was born 2 days before his due date- so 8 days earlier than his older sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back