Exmoor, anyone been or live close?

Vicm

Reaction score
We are off for a last little 'holiday' to Devon in a few weeks. We are staying in Ilfracombe and I have just realised it is right next to Exmoor. I have ALWAYS wanted to see the wild ponies up there and wondered if there are many? Will I actually get to see them if I go to the National Park?

Also anyone know what the Zoo is like? Might have a little trip there on the same day.

Anyone reccomend anything else to do? We have 3 nights there :)

hey i live in chagford devon up on dartmoor and ypuve picked the best time to go as the ponies will of just had their foals :) xx

tapatalking can't see tickers

hey i live in chagford devon up on dartmoor and ypuve picked the best time to go as the ponies will of just had their foals :) xx

Oh brilliant. Is mad, ive had horses all my live, but never seen a wild one! Cant wait now :) x

ha ha, we were driving across exmoor when a huge herd of them just ran out of nowhere and in front of the car...*PANIC* one emergency stop later we were giggling uncontrollably.

Seriously the Dartmoor and Exmoor are both so lovely. My favourite places in the UK

they are totally different than domestic hun :) my uncle breeds wild dartmoor ponies and he gave me 2 and they are amazing once.ypuve get the trust they love you more than anything and being able to go see their mum abd dad up the road i do take for granted. i live 200yards from the cattle grid to the moor xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back