Exhaustion...

AngelLily

Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling extremely tired in their pregnancy? I was never this tired with DS.

I could literally sleep 12 hours, then nap twice a day only to sleep for a further 12 hours.
I'm constantly tired, it's draining! I have 0 energy at the moment.

I'm sooooooo tired all day! It's a nightmare! Had it with my first pregnancy too. Hoping to feel better at 12 weeks! I could cry with tiredness every day at the mo!!! Xxx

I'm in same boat- my LO is an easy child to care for and sleep amazing but I'm falling asleep left right and centre! I never had this last time either! Hoping I can get through tri 1

My son is a brilliant sleeper too and such a easy toddler. Seriously, I just want to nap every day. I'm falling asleep at my uni lectures :lol: I'm back to work again Thursday, I was off for 3 weeks, back for 1 week, off for 1 week sick then off for 10 days holiday.

I have no idea how I'm going to cope with 37.5 hours on a ward...

I'm constantly tired. But its my only real symptom :/

I'm so tired all the time too! I do ten hour shifts at work and yesterday I'd had it after about three hours! Made it through somehow, but wasn't very productive lol x

I'm the same, as soon as Me and my son are awake I'm longing for his nap so that I can go back to sleep with him!
I was tired in the evenings when pg with him but never felt the need to sleep constantly like I am this time!! X

Last edited:
Me! It's seriously depressing me.

I feel like such a crap mum as when we get home from school I'm just putting TV on for them. I'm normally quite involved and if dry would go swing park or get crafts out in the house.

With work I'm the same I've got no energy. I'm off sick this week as I have a chest infection but I'm just freaking out as my work is so busy and I only work 24 hours but manage my own project. I feel like a failure.

Xx

I'm exactly the same, I'm in bed by 8:30 this past week but I still fall asleep during theach day. This on top of the constant nausea is really starting to get me down :( I actually had a little cry about it this morning, this is my third pregnancy and I didn't feel like this with my son or my daughter. I'm petrified I'm having twins lol

Im always exhausted too. I fall asleep with my eyes open at work lol! The constant nausea doesnt help either

It's awful isn't it :( I'm glad other people can relate and it's not just me.

Another member of the knackered club here! I'm usually a night owl but just about to go to bed!

Sleep is all I want to do!
This is a weird one for me as I literally only really need 4-5 hours a night. I never nap during the day either...
However, I am very thankful for any symptom I have.
I am currently on a night shift and not sure how long I can stick it out....starting to feel sickly too.
Just want my bed......

I am always exhausted too. I feel like I don't have energy to do anything. I go to bed early and wake up early too. Its made me very restless!

Oh tina14 I feel your pain! I work nights too and I thought I knew what tiredness was, my god I had no idea. Just so tired I spend whole days and nights asleep and still want naps. My OH thinks im being a bit dramatic lol. Honestly cant get enough sleep. I work 12 hr shifts and have no clue how I manage to stay awake.

Never felt exhaustion like it. Thankfully I can nap when I want no kids & lucky not to be working. Embrace it. It's a really good sign. Xxx

Oh tina14 I feel your pain! I work nights too and I thought I knew what tiredness was, my god I had no idea. Just so tired I spend whole days and nights asleep and still want naps. My OH thinks im being a bit dramatic lol. Honestly cant get enough sleep. I work 12 hr shifts and have no clue how I manage to stay awake.

It's rubbish isn't it? Do you work permanent nights? I was just on my rotation and my manager has now taken me off them, thank god.
Saying that, not sure what's gonna be harder now - the nights, or 12hr shifts when all the patients are awake!!

Yeah im permanent nights. Im dreading telling my manager because i think shell move me to days, i honestly think it would be worse! Id have more staff to help but double the work load. The thought of getting up early too doesn't agree with me!

The same goes for me, I work nights at the weekends and im really struggling atm! I fall alseep at 8 on week nights and I even have a nap in the day!! Never been like this before lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back